Juicing, or smoothies

Options
I bought a juicer a while ago, but then learnt that juicing isn't all that great for you, because it takes out all the fiber, and can give you a drink that is high in sugar...just wondering what everyone else does. Smoothies are better for you? thoughts please

Replies

• KathNairn1
    KathNairn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great - use mostly green things , not so much fruit ; I get great success from spinach , celery , cucumber , green apple (1) lemon (2 if small) and ginger . Smoothies are great too ; I use 40gms oats , vital greens , macca chia etc then a small handful of frozen blueberries . Both a great - they do different things . Both help your health.
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My nutri bullet is my favorite kitchen tool for green smoothies.... :)
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There are people that cant take the bulk part of fruits and vegies due to a disorder. Sometimes seeds bother people with conditions. That being said, I think you are spot on about the fiber. Without any disorder you are getting a more full nutrient rich meal with smoothies. IMO
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't juice because of the fibre being taken away.
    I have a protein smoothie everyday. Just because it helps me get my protein in and it's yummy
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I <3 juicing when I want to refresh or cleanse. It takes motivation to buy all that produce though. Health aside, smoothies are more convenient. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    KaraAlste wrote: »
    I <3 juicing when I want to refresh or cleanse. It takes motivation to buy all that produce though. Health aside, smoothies are more convenient. :)

How does that cleansing work, and how do you know if it works?
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why not both?
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and a smoothie maker.... I prefer smoothies as so quick and easy and not much cleaning after....the juicer omg takes forever to clean lol!
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer but rarely if ever use it. I have green smoothies on a regular basis and love them! They also keep me full for hours.
  • fitgirlrealness
    fitgirlrealness Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Smoothies as they are packed with the fiber! :)