Diet coke brownies

Options
liviaish13
liviaish13 Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2015 in Recipes
I made these last night and they were so moist and yummy!
Recipe:
Box of brownie mix
12 oz diet coke
I used a 12 serving muffin pan.
Mix and bake for 20 min.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Did you use a normal size muffin pan or a mini muffin pan? I'm just checking.
  • liviaish13
    Options
    Normal size. The brownies don't rise like actual muffins so just make it about half of the muffin cup. So it's not over doing each serving size. If that makes since?
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    20 calories per brownie and the box mix + Diet coke made 12? What kind of mix did you use?
    Dunkin Hines Brownie mix is about 2000 calories (for the whole box) without adding anything.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    20 calories per brownie and the box mix + Diet coke made 12? What kind of mix did you use?
    Dunkin Hines Brownie mix is about 2000 calories (for the whole box) without adding anything.

I can't figure this out either. Both mixes I looked at showed 20 servings per box with calories at 170 and 180 per serving, depending on brand. My math says 170 x 20 = 3400 divided by 12 for this recipe equals 283.

I'm sad its not 20 but don't see how it could be.

55835802.png

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Unless you were using a sugar free brownie mix, I think your calorie count is off.

Brownie mixes typically have all the sugar already added. All you did was remove the fat (oil) and protein (egg). But it would still have been > 20 calories unless the mix was artificial sweetened.
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    You can do the same thing for cake mixes too BTW. They cake doesn't rise as much but it works well enough. Use whip cream for the frosting to further reduce the calories.

I like to do this one with a vanilla cake mix and diet orange sunkist. I then add the whipped cream on top and sliced oranges.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Health wise, this is basically the opposite of when I use ice cream to bake bread . . . jesus, I'm so not surprised I got as big as I did.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't cook with Aspartame. It breaks down and loses flavor, not that you'd notice in a brownie. ;) You could have the same results just adding water to a cake/brownie mix.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I calculated this for my homemade brownie recipe substituting the diet coke for the eggs and butter and it came out to 85 calories each for 12 brownies. They normally would be about 150 each for 12 servings so it is still quite an improvement.
  • liviaish13
    Options
    Maybe I Did it wrong. I'm sorry!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    amw1919 wrote: »
    I calculated this for my homemade brownie recipe substituting the diet coke for the eggs and butter and it came out to 85 calories each for 12 brownies. They normally would be about 150 each for 12 servings so it is still quite an improvement.

Oh not doubt it would be. But the difference in calories is important. 85 vs 20 means a difference of 780 calories for all.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Health wise, this is basically the opposite of when I use ice cream to bake bread . . . jesus, I'm so not surprised I got as big as I did.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I really needed one today.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    liviaish13 wrote: »
    Maybe I Did it wrong. I'm sorry!

Not a problem. :)