Going to Greek food dinner tonight no nutrition facts help

Options
chelsiekling755
chelsiekling755 Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
going to kafe neo Greek food gyro/ type things trying to figure out how to health health and still be able to go out for dinner something 660 cals not to fatty or sugary HELP !!! Idea welcome thanks :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    It's greek relax.....they live long so eat more of it to live longer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Chicken, rice, little sauce, no starter or dessert....
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Watch out for a hummus appetizer, it's deliciously easy to go overboard on that.
    My fave Greek restaurant has a gyro platter that's kind of a build your own gyro. The sauce comes on the side so you can add that yourself. They probably have some sort of green vegetable too, I ask for that instead of the standard potatoes they serve.
    Kabobs are a good option too, but enjoy it, it's delicious!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    several recent threads on same.search function is your friend.
    660 cals not enough.re- evaluate.do some exercise first?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean is so good for you! You may just have to guess at the calorie count. A tablespoon of Hummus is one serving. Limit your sauces and dips similarly. Watch the cheese and pile on the salad; it's good for you!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Just don't get the booze-covered cheese they set on fire and you'll be fine.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you can get a chicken kebab or some other kind of unprocessed meat, that's a good option. Hummus and falafel are usually safe bets but watch your portion size.
  • mrsmarlin289
    mrsmarlin289 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek Salad and some grilled meat and you should be fine. Stay away from the pita bread.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I order whatever I want, but I make it a point to cut it in half when I get it and put the other half in a take home box for another meal, particularly if I don't know the calorie content.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chicken kebabs with a side salad or grilled veggies.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it is one night...enjoy it, log it as accurately as possible, and move on to tomorrow...
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Oh for greek food I'd just have to make sure I have a lot of calories to use! But, if I didn't, I think the gyro platter would be good. It's a whole really yummy plate of food and you can easily control the more calorie dense parts. Take 1/2 home for lunch tomorrow. Hmm now I really want a gyro! My favorite sandwich.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hummus or baba ganoush to start.

Kabobs are usually a good choice for the entree, though a good gyro is hard to pass up.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    it is one night...enjoy it, log it as accurately as possible, and move on to tomorrow...

^This
  • greensushi62
    greensushi62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Always ask for sauce on the side on whatever you're going to get