EATING!? YES, Eating!

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
(From My Blog I Posted Today)

Is Counter-Intuitive to losing weight/fat but it is REAL and Very Effective. Women especially have languished-actually agonized with this concept of eat more and lose weight. And when I say eat more, I mean consistent-quality food intake that is sustainable and will sustain the Body. Of course if you eat 800-1000 EVERYDAY for a year or 2 you will lose weight BUT is that SUSTAINABLE for LIFE, I question whether that is sustainable for a month (30 STRAIGHT Days.) And if someone can do it for that period of time, the REBOUND effect will get you.

I had been "eating" very low calories for years and never lost weight and wondered why; then I was forced to eat a Sustainable eating plan and began to lose weight. Me, being the "Hard Case" I am "thought," OK, NOW I will speed it up and REALLY lose weight. BOOM, stopped losing, got frustrated and ate - so I gained. THEN something resonated in Me when I read an article placed on MFP about " A Woman Eating 700 Calories Per DAY and NOT Losing Weight." I thought OMG, that's Me...then I reflected on how (last year) I lost over 75lbs. in less than a year just by eating right. That's when I put it all together; trust Me, it is hard to eat 1400 or so calories basically everyday when you are used to 800-1000 5 days and then basically binge 2 (the binges are about 2000 calories each day.) But that is enough to KILL-Slow your metabolism and make you feel like doing nothing (no energy...)

It's sooo simple now, eat enough quality calories, I'm energized now, so I have an exercise routine (and I ENJOY it because I fly through it and it's not extreme) and I can actually eat treats in moderation, I don't have to "Live for the Weekend" to treat Myself or if I want to I can, within reason because I HAVE the calories in My Budget. REALLY wanting to Live a HEALTHY Lifestyle and Normalize My weight forced Me to CHANGE every "OLD" concept I had about weight loss. You CAN Teach an "Old Dawg" new tricks!

Being able to EAT and Lose Weight IS a new concept to Me and it IS FUN!

Make Today Count!

Replies

• roberbro
    roberbro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know what you're saying. Even though I've lost weight and inches by eating healthy and exercising, I still sometimes freak out that I'm eating too much and tell myself I should fast a day in order to get back on track. Sounds sadistic and twisted, doesn't it? But, old habits die hard.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I know what you're saying. Even though I've lost weight and inches by eating healthy and exercising, I still sometimes freak out that I'm eating too much and tell myself I should fast a day in order to get back on track. Sounds sadistic and twisted, doesn't it? But, old habits die hard.

So TRUE...even "Scary" but I'm hanging in there because it is working. I feel great and I am normalizing My weight and Health. That's the whole point, and I'm enjoying it. I say when we do this our Body knows itself and will seek it's OWN level (Normal Weight.)
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're saying.

I had a great meal on Mother's Day for lunch, way way over the top, even though it contained (mostly) the stuff I let myself eat on a regular basis. (I did splurge on the the 27 tortilla strips with the guacamole I made. Gotta love me some fresh, ripe avocado.) I felt satiated for hours afterwards, and had only a small handful of mixed nuts about 5 hours later for "supper," even though I wasn't particularly hungry. (I ate them because we were going out and I didn't want to get hungry while out on the town and then eat junk food.)

And when I weighed in the next day I had lost another 2 pounds since the last weigh in the previous week.

I'm still trying to hit just under my calorie count, but it's always amazing to me that eating enough doesn't mean I have to feel "punished" or starving.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well said!