Nutrient Breakdown Percentages (protein/carb/fat)

Options
What have you set your nutrient breakdown percentages (protein/carb/fat) at?

I was advised at a crossfit club to aim for:

40% protein
40% carbohydrate
20% fat

Is this info correct?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've got mine set at 40-30-30 p-f-c However I do struggle to hit my protein goal and sometimes skim just over on carbs. I may have to look at changing them.
    If it were me I would take 10% off of your carbs and put it on fat
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Based on what I have read, you should figure out what your body is comfy with. For me getting to 30% protein is almost impossible. I have been alternating 40/30/30. I am now on 40 fats for a month. Next I will try the 40 proteins and then determine which works best for me.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It's up to you, totally. I'm at a 40/30/30 (c/p/f) right now.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There are alot of different programs. I try to shoot for 100 carbs and limit my sugars. I try to get my protein higher than my carbs but it is tough. Fat calories from good sources are unfairly demonized.
  • angie_chini
    Options
    Hi guys, I recently got a Hyperstatic Fat Tank test done and my body fat was 25.5%. I'd like to get to 20%. I'm not worried about the scale weight but don't like my stomach and thighs being big;(.
    I was told to increase my protein to 102 grams which is my lean body mass. Fitness Pal is a little confusing but I added all my food today and looks okay. I increased protein and decreased veggies. I can't eat grains.
    I can't even begin to understand macros percentages, but I hope I'm on the right track.
    Maybe it's my hate of math haha, but hopefully I'll gain muscle and lose fat. I do crossfit and working my way up on weights.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 35/35/30
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Follow not only what works for you but what you can follow long term. I just changed my carbs to 10% and it's gonna take a lot of discipline and proper meal planning. I find aside from veggies and fruit all other carbs make me feel tired.
  • coleycanolli
    Options
    Honestly it really depends on your body fat percentage, and what your goals are, for me 45,30,25 carbs,protein,fat
  • zzaped
    zzaped Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Id have a look at a macronutrient calculator and set the following parameters: 1g Protein/lb lean mass and .45g fat
    iifym.com/calculators