Looking for some support/weight loss buddies :)

Options
Hi all!
Brand new to MFP. I've had it downloaded but never got around to using it.. but I heard that using food/exercise journals can drastically improve your results.. so here I am! Looking for some support to keep me motivated!!

To start, I'm Looking to lose 20-30 pounds before I go away on vacation in 2 months (I've had it with the cold here in Canada!!) I need to whip myself back into shape .. also hoping to one day fit into a bikini again...

What's everyone's story? :smile:

Replies

• healthylady88
    healthylady88 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is a great place to start. Feel free to add me as a friend. Look forward to seeing your success. :D
  • Britt1965
    Options
    Welcome. I am new here too, well I started 16 days ago. I am also looking for somebody to give me support and vice versa. I be happy if you except my friend request
  • gizzylovesherself1
    Options
    Hey girl hey! I'm new-ish. Lol. Just like u I had the app for a while and a friend of mine message me on it because I've been inactive for ages! So since a week now I'm consistent and plan on staying that way. Add me as a friend so we can support and cheer on each other! Don't forget to share your diary so we can get some healthy meal ideas when we run out of our own. Anyone else reading this on the same page can add me as well!! ✌️
  • danielpagan34
    danielpagan34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of new on here. I used to be 300 lbs I'm down to 215. Wish I had this app when I first started makes life so much easier. Feel free to add me. Love to help keep u motivated
  • jenessar84
    jenessar84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Looking for some motivated buddies. I'm new to this. Started Jan 1 and have lost 20 lbs just by tracking my diet. I've had a couple friends on here and they have slowly stopped using it. Just looking for friends on here. Oh I'm from alberta canada and have two boys. 3 years and 8 months. :)
  • blorport
    Options
    Also new here! Joined 35 days ago. I would love friends to lose weight with!
  • beachkriscat
    beachkriscat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started last week and I'm looking for friends as well.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I finally decided that slow and steady is the way to go. Feel free to add me as s friend. I'm always looking to show support to anyone on this long journey with me ☺.
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've got about 55 pounds left to goal, already down 41.
  • megbert581
    megbert581 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey (: I am also looking for some accountability and support in my goals to be healthy and lose some weight! Feel free to add me
  • sweetcheaks1997
    sweetcheaks1997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new also and looking for friends to offer support too.
  • max1m1ll1on
    max1m1ll1on Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not so new I keep starting and stopping. Have not used the app in almost a year if not longer. But I'm fully focused and motivated to achieve my health and fitness goals this time round. In need of some friends to offer motivational support to keep me going. Feel free to add me.
  • eapple87
    eapple87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey, fellow Canadian here! I'm in southern ontario and we've been hit hard!

Just like you I've had the app a while and never committed to using it. This time around I've requested a mentor and she's given me some diet and exercise suggestions which were great! I've logged every day since I started, just 6 days, but it's a start! I also need to lose 30 lbs, maybe a bit more. I'm already down almost 5 lbs which is more than I ever expected. Even if it's mainly water weight, I'll take it!

Also looking for motivation buddies and I'd be happy to return the favour :)
  • iwillbeslim513365
    iwillbeslim513365 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on this for 25 days now, only lost 3.5 lbs so far only another 20 to go and then try and maintain hopefully. 61 and have bad knee injury makes painful to exercise but determined to do it this time. Would love to give or get support so happy to be added as a supportive friend.
  • ccvianzon
    ccvianzon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm also new and getting started. I've been on at least 25 days in a row now. I'm really liking this app so far. Keeps me mindful of what I'm putting in my body. I want to really eat clean. Add me that would be awesome! I'm also a fellow Canadian!