I just can't lose my baby weight

Options
Hi I'm a stay home mum unt March to my 6 month old daughter only eating 1,200 calories daily and working out 40mins a day and I've lost zero since starting looking for abit of friendly help along my long depressing road to eventually losing any weight atall I am 5ft 1 and weigh 11 stone 3 lb it's been nearly 3 weeks and I just can't shift the weight please say theirs someone like me out their x

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Shiloh,
    Congratulations on the baby! I have been at this same struggle for about 3 years now. I have had some success, but it sure took a lot of effort.
    For starters, are you breastfeeding? If so, 1200 isn't enough calories at all.

If you haven't seen any weight loss you may want to slowly add 100 to 200 calories of good foods back into your diet to up your calorie count. Trying to focus on eating 5 x a day (3 meals with 2 snacks). It sounds weird but if you are getting too few calories your body will hoard as much fat as it can to prevent starvation.

Additionally, water is key to almost all bodily functions. Make sure you are getting at least 8 glasses of real water a day.

I personally have thyroid issues which makes me extremely sensitive to fake sugars. I have found that consuming diet soda and yogurts have actually stunted my weight loss in the past. I have ditched both and have been losing 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Another trick I have learned is that getting stuck to one particular workout isn't helpful. It seems that your body naturally cheats and gets accustomed to your routine. Try swapping out the treadmill for the elliptical, or adding in even strength training to give your muscles something new and challenging to keep your workout from getting stale. If you workout at home use youtube to check for new challenging workouts.

Last, but definitely not least, get enough sleep. Little sleep leads to crankiness, which causes stress. Stress will increase cortisol levels, which will make losing weight extremely difficult. I know with a new baby sleep can feel like a luxury, but make it a necessity and you will see and feel the difference.

I hope these tips help!

Renee
  • shiloh192
    shiloh192 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi no I bottle fed in the first moment by choice but I always skip breakfast as my calories don't allow it is this worst for losing weight xx
  • kpandheartz
    kpandheartz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiyee!! Congrats on the new baby. I am starting out on this struggle as well my daughter is two months old. :) I have found what works for me is eating good calories. Eating less but not healthy won't help! Best time to get the most calories in is in the morning so skipping breakfast is not good. Tons and tons of water! Sodas and juice have way to much sugar! I also breastfeed so lowering my food intake too much is not only bad for me but bad for my daughter.

Make sure you are switching it up with your workout. Surprise your muscles and surprise your metabolism!! Good luck!
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I have an 18 month old . I have about 3 stone to lose ! So if ye need an extra friend add me . As the others say I wouldn't suggest skipping breakfast If your aiming for more than -1lb a week , I'd change to that to . You don't want to restrict yourself completely
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi. I cut out processed food and sugar. Nourishing yourself with whole foods makes a big difference not only in your weight loss journey but also in how you feel day to day. I find that when i eat pasta and cereals, i feel tired and sluggish. But lean meats and veggies make me feel my best. Good luck to you!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've nearly lost all my baby weight It can be done Shiloh! I'll send you a friend request