I really need a hobby...

Options
I've been on vacation for a week and a half (or, stay-cation, if you will). Doing fine today - had only about six hundred calories, and not even hungry for dinner. Then came a boredom bottle of whiskey, boredom pizza, and boredom pie :\

Replies

• pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sounds like a new hobby is in order. What sort of things do you enjoy? Other than boredom food, of course. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Meh, whatever. My hobby is lifting weights or sitting on my butt playing guitar. Maybe you just need one glass of boredom whiskey, a couple slices of pieces, and a slice of pie.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Meh, whatever. My hobby is lifting weights or sitting on my butt playing guitar. Maybe you just need one glass of boredom whiskey, a couple slices of pieces, and a slice of pie.

Boredom in moderation. o:)
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I took up knitting the first time I lost weight. Gave me something to do with my hands while I was relaxing so I didn't feel inclined to snack. And when I had spent a fair bit on some nice yarn i especially didn't want to risk getting my knitting dirty with food crumbs. :smile:
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did arm knitting. Got tangled up and had to keep starting over. I will use knitting needles next time. I play chess, guitar and harmonica, but I love working out. I need another hobby too.
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've thought about taking up knitting. I used to be really into video games and sculpting with polymer clay, but nothing seems to hold my interest these days. Except for cooking, that is :smiley:
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well... if you like cooking, what about baking for your local firehouse? They WILL notice if part of the pie is missing btw, so don't even think of sneaking a taste.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I took up taking movement classes
    1. anything that was offered at my gym,
    2. any studios offering free intros to anything that sounded interesting (on my list right now is the free cross-fit class offered at Reebok)
    3. Dance classes: Ballet, Salsa, Flamenco (I never took these as a kid)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and pie. That isn't boring...that's creative. Just sayin... <3