weight lifting

Fairly new to the app. Appreciate any direction in recording my workout that includes weightlifting at low weight high rep with little rest workout. I have seen in the portal that u can add exercise but no additional calories are given. Knowing that I work out for a hour lifting I am burning calories. So. If u can direct me the correct process I would appreciate that.

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    It's difficult to know how many calories are burned from weight lifting, as rest intervals, perceived effort, if you're supersetting etc are specific to you. A HRM can give you a decent estimate if you pause it during your rests, but MFP doesn't count any calories from it.

You can select strength training in cardiovascular exercises which will give you back additional calories, but the calories burned from it will be a very rough estimate.
  • Hollywood272
    Hollywood272 Posts: 1 Member
    I enter my weight lifting through the cardio section it estimates calories depending on time.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    If you are weight lifting for 20 minutes (subtracting the rest period inbetween sets ) 10-12 reps on medium low weight, 1sec uptime & 1 sec down then you are most likely loosing 250-350 calories.