Ugh! I feel alittle guilty! Possibly went over my calories today!

I feel so guilty I have been doing sooo good! I have to keep up my progress ugh I hope I didn't gain any weight in the morning! "Obsessed with the scale HELP"

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Log it and move on. This is about a new lifestyle, which means, life happens!
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Thank you! Also it was my valentines dinner!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    One day won't make you gain fat. You may have some extra water weight for a day or two but it will subside.

You plan to do this for life, right? You're going to have days where you enjoy yourself and go over. Just log it, and move on.

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    tkouns2015 wrote: »

Then don't worry about it! Holidays will happen. Enjoy yourself. It's just one day! :-)
  • Add extra minutes to your work out to make up for it. But one day won't make a difference. You'll be happy again tomorrow if you meet your calorie goal :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Not sure if serious
  • TiffKouns
    Thank you!!
  • TiffKouns
    arditarose wrote: »
    Not sure if serious

• TiffKouns
    What are you referring to?
  • TiffKouns
    shaleeny88 wrote: »
    Add extra minutes to your work out to make up for it. But one day won't make a difference. You'll be happy again tomorrow if you meet your calorie goal :smile:

• arditarose

If your post is serious
  • TiffKouns
    Your so right!
  • TiffKouns

If your post is serious

• arditarose

It was almost so over exaggerated I couldn't believe it true. Don't worry. I'm sure you didn't eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance, so you won't be gaining a pound of fat. If the scale is up in the morning, chalk it up to water retention from sodium. Get back on track.
  • TiffKouns

If your post is serious

• TiffKouns
    Why would I not be serious? What's wrong with feeling guilty?
  • TiffKouns

It was almost so over exaggerated I couldn't believe it true. Don't worry. I'm sure you didn't eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance, so you won't be gaining a pound of fat. If the scale is up in the morning, chalk it up to water retention from sodium. Get back on track.

• TiffKouns

• arditarose

I feel guilty too sometimes. Especially when I just started out. But you had a special dinner planned. You enjoyed yourself, I hope. Even if you when over maintenance you won't GAIN weight. You might simply lose .5 lbs less this week than planned.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

It indicates an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Are you kidding? I know I went over tonight. Indian curry with nan, pie and ice cream for dessert. Don't worry about it. It's only one night. Enjoy it.
  • TiffKouns
    Thank you! I thought for a minute you were being negative towards me! I have been doing so good getting such good results I didn't want one night of eating out ruin my progress !
  • arditarose
    Thank you! I thought for a minute you were being negative towards me! I have been doing so good getting such good results I didn't want one night of eating out ruin my progress !

I'm a little bit of a witch, but I have a good heart. These posts do get a little tiring after awhile. But I do want you to know you're fine. Anyway, I have to keep telling myself that too. I'm planning on eating above maintenance tomorrow :)
  • Evenstranger
    Evenstranger Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2015
    I try my best to stay under my goal every day, but I also look at it from a weekly perspective. I know that life is imperfect, and so am I, so if I do go a little over today, I can compensate tomorrow and still keep things moving forward. Don't worry about being perfect - it won't happen. Be healthy, be happy, and live your life. Remember the quote from "Meet the Robinsons" - "Keep moving forward!"
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    And there will be birthday dinners, holidays, vacations, anniversaries, weddings - as someone else said, life happens, and it's part of learning to accept that some days we're going to be over - no guilt.

That doesn't mean stuff-your-face-until-you-can-barely-move over in cals, but being a bit over goal once in awhile isn't a big deal. Heck, I'm probably over at least once a week, and I never feel guilty! :smile: Depending on what your goal and settings are, even a few hundred over goal and you're likely still in a deficit, or at least around maintenance cals.

Any gain you might see on the scale tomorrow is likely going to be water weight. Salty foods, alcohol, etc can contribute to showing a gain on the scale, but you're not suddenly gaining fat overnight from one dinner out. If you're obsessed with the scale, take a break from it. A better tool is a tape measure - if you're not already, start tracking your measurements every few weeks. Often you see results there while the scale is busy messing with your head, showing every little normal fluctuation. True story - I went six months with the same 2-3 lbs up and down on my scale - dropped a full pants size during that time.

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Yes I overindulged today too-but when I added it all in to MFP-plus I did get some exercise in-the results said my weight would stay the same for 5 weeks-so looks like I only ate at maintenance!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Let go of the guilt. Eating food should not be attached to feelings about being good. Having more food than you planned happens.
    Start over again the next day. <3
  • TiffKouns
    Awesome advice thank you soo much!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    MFP is meant to be a lifestyle change. That means its meant to last you for a long time. Part of that means a better relationship with food. You had a meal for a very good reason (not that you need one) just live with it and cut yourself some slack or if you have to, fit it back into your plan. Feelings of guilt over food are a waste of time and undermine your enjoyment of it. Keep it in perspective. Was it really 3500 calories more, even if it was thats just 1lb.

Its less than 10 calories a day till next Valentines day.
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    I had a massive rump steak with sweet potato mash, gravy & asparagus tonight with my boyfriend and I feel awesome about it lol. Just enjoy it, it's life and it's ♥ valentines day!