I don't want to lose weight, just inches

Options
So I have lost all my weight. I want to lose more inches and tone up some more though, do I need to eat at a deflict to do this or can I eat at maintence?

Replies

• fit_tina_xx
    Options
    Bump
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lose inches and "tone" means build muscle and drop fat until they show

If you have no visible musculature you either 1) aren't low enough body fat% or 2) don't have the muscles there

So you need muscles

Lift heavy ...progressive weight training ...books try strong curves or new rules of lifting for women. Sites try strong lifts 5x5 or ice cream fitness

To build muscle eat at a surplus ..you will gain muscle with progressive training and body fat then drop the fat to show them...it's a long old haul

Or weight train at maintenance for body recomp...again long haul
  • fit_tina_xx
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights, while eating at maintenance.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Lose inches and "tone" means build muscle and drop fat until they show

If you have no visible musculature you either 1) aren't low enough body fat% or 2) don't have the muscles there

So you need muscles

Lift heavy ...progressive weight training ...books try strong curves or new rules of lifting for women. Sites try strong lifts 5x5 or ice cream fitness

To build muscle eat at a surplus ..you will gain muscle with progressive training and body fat then drop the fat to show them...it's a long old haul

Or weight train at maintenance for body recomp...again long haul

Yep, all of this! Lifting HEAVY weights and aiming for progressive overload (increasing the amount of weight you use) will give you that shape you are looking for.
    Start increasing your calories gradually in order to minimize fat gain, but keep in mind that in order to build muscle mass, some fat will come along with it.

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bump! I needed this today, it s perfect thank you guys!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was about to ask this exact question!
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I'm lifting heavy and eating more protein. I'm already seeing my waist get smaller and making gains and it's only been about 3/4 weeks