Nutrition advice food intake

Options
hi everyone I'm just recovering from spinal surgery not even close to 100% yet but rather than sit around and just eat I started my diet a couple of days ago. at this stage of the game it's impossible for me to go out and handpick individual foods to make a meal that's healthy i'm just not walking well enough yet to handle walking around the grocery store so I think what I'm going to do to make eating Easier for me is to just purchase a couple of weeks of like a weight watchers plan food product. So my question then I'm getting two is I would like to get everyone's input before I decide to do this it would only be for a few weeks until I'm able and strong enough to go out and pick fresh foods myself and I was considering ordering groceries online but to even stand for long periods of time to make my own meals is still very exhausting. so what does everybody think.
Ralph

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I think that is perfectly reasonable considering your circumstances.
  • dijack2014
    Options
    Try your approach for one week and you will know if it's working still drunk lots of water and hope you recover fastly!!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Maybe also pick up some fruits that store well like apples and oranges, and also some snack foods you like (nuts, chips, etc.) to round out your plan.

I wish you a speedy recovery!
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a super healthy eater, make almost everything from scratch, and don't eat much of anything that is processed but I definitely agree that your plan is really good under the circumstances! I would just make sure you're getting plenty of protein since your protein intake should be higher than usual when your body is recoverying and trying to rebuild itself.

Best of success to you in your recovery!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're married. Can't your wife help out with groceries and the cooking?
  • rjd137
    rjd137 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay to get a little personal my wife is chronically ill and unable to do this for me.
  • rjd137
    rjd137 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I feel so much better knowing I can ask questions and get the help I need. I'm so happy everyone jumped right in to help me. This surgery has truly been a struggle I am working tirelessly to get on the fast track but with spinal surgery I am quickly learning there is not a fast track its patients when it comes to recovery of spinal cord injury and nerve endings I am getting stronger every day so I am truly thankful for that even my surgeon is telling me to go slow it's been lessthen one month from when I had surgery and I'm already up and walking and feel better than I did a decade ago just getting my nerve endings through my legs to feel better and allow me to walk normallyis my task at hand and I just have to learn patience it will happen. So if I can learn good techniques now then when I become very busy again I can transfer them and have a much better time of getting to my goal weight. I'm going to be 50 in August and I don't want to look like a grandpa not that there's anything wrong with that but I'd like to look like a super healthy 50-year-old acting like he's 25. Ha ha.
    Again thank you everybody I will keep in contact