I wanna lose fat not necessarily weight

any help is appreciated. Over the last year I have educated myself about macros and good vs bad. I'm 6 ft 197lbs. BF is 19.6%. I eat clean and count everything. I was at 1800 cal a day. Lost 7 lbs in a month but 5.5 lbs was lean mass. Went to 2200 cal and in 2 weeks lost 3lbs mass and .2 fat. I feel FULL. Do I need to eat more ? My goal is 10-12% BF. DONT REALLY CARE WHAT I WEIGH.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    What do you do in terms of exercise?
  • I do Farrell's Bodyshaping. 45 min 6 days a week. 3 kickboxing sessions and 3 resistance sessions. It's pretty intense.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    any help is appreciated. Over the last year I have educated myself about macros and good vs bad. I'm 6 ft 197lbs. BF is 19.6%. I eat clean and count everything. I was at 1800 cal a day. Lost 7 lbs in a month but 5.5 lbs was lean mass. Went to 2200 cal and in 2 weeks lost 3lbs mass and .2 fat. I feel FULL. Do I need to eat more ? My goal is 10-12% BF. DONT REALLY CARE WHAT I WEIGH.

Heavy weight lifting.

• My macros are 40 35 25 ... Carbs protein fat
  • Should I do HIIT OR LIFT HEAVY TO BURN FAT ?
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    I would suggest going to the maintenance board - lots of people talking about this.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    The suggestions I have read are 1g/1lb LBM protein, bulk on weights days (+20%) high carb/low fat, cut on HIIT cardio days (-20%) low carb/high protein. Do weights and str training in the evening so your body burns fat not muscle during the day. And a ton of suggestions for resistance exercises. I am just now changing my diet/exercise closer to this so I can't report the effectiveness. But a lot of it makes sense to me from what I have learned so far.