Low Carb Lunch Ideas

Options
I am looking for Low Carb Lunch Ideas. I like variety, and cannot do salads on a daily basis... I get bored by eating the same thing everyday... and will vear off easily if I do get bored.

I do not eat:

Bread of any kind (including Wheat, Wraps, Biscuits, Crackers etc)
Fruit (except minimum with my breakfast)
Pasta
Anything with more than 15g of carbs in any meal (there are some exceptions)
Cooked Vegetables (Raw is fine)
Fish (except Tuna Salad)

I'm looking for ideas for somtehing I can bring to work, so it would have to be premade, and not sit in the fridge for more than 48 hours as I won't eat it. Easy is a plus cuz I don't get home until 8pm at night and leave by 6am in the morning, so not a lot of time during the week.

Thanks for your ideas!!!

Replies

• ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Do some quick oats with diced chicken and veggies, with salsa on top!!!! YUMMM!!!
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Wrap the fixin's for a southwest fajita in large lettuce leaves, like a burrito, instead of tortillas - SO yummy! I got the idea originally from an O'Charlie's appetizer a few years ago.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can wrap anything in the Mission Carb Smart tortillas. They are really good tasting, low carb and high fiber.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound to me like you are giving your body enough variety. But this is your choice. Unfortunatly this limits your choices for meal ideas and then this leaves the idea of a cut up avacado into slices. get a big lettuce leafe, I like Green leaf lettuce. then put the slices of avacado in it and then add some ginger for spice and garlic. then add just a little Mayo or mustard or what ever kind of dressing you would like with it and wrap it all up and eat it like a sandwich. IT is really pretty good. I eat it often.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Wrap the fixin's for a southwest fajita in large lettuce leaves, like a burrito, instead of tortillas - SO yummy! I got the idea originally from an O'Charlie's appetizer a few years ago.

Love this... Great idea!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    You can wrap anything in the Mission Carb Smart tortillas. They are really good tasting, low carb and high fiber.

Yup don't do tortillas... even still beigng low carb they have about 18g of carbs... unless you go REALLY low high fiber than they taste like cardboard, not worth it to me.

some quick oats with diced chicken and veggies, with salsa on top!!!! YUMMM!!!

Don't do oats high in carbs about 24-34 per serving with 10 or so fiber... Still too high for me

sound to me like you are giving your body enough variety. But this is your choice. Unfortunatly this limits your choices for meal ideas and then this leaves the idea of a cut up avacado into slices. get a big lettuce leafe, I like Green leaf lettuce. then put the slices of avacado in it and then add some ginger for spice and garlic. then add just a little Mayo or mustard or what ever kind of dressing you would like with it and wrap it all up and eat it like a sandwich. IT is really pretty good. I eat it often.

yup my choice :wink: but i do give myself plenty of variet, I just don't eat carbs, it's that simple. Thanks for the idea... the problem is I am just a picky eater (don't eat avacado) ...
  • stephlewis
    stephlewis Posts: 59
    Options
    How about a variety of vegetables, celery, broccoli, cucumbers (all quite low in carbs). Eat it with fat free cottage cheese (for protein). Possibly a dip for the veggies, depending how many carbs/cals you have left for your alotted amount.

also do some red onions, green & red bell pepper, avocado, diced/sliced together with some lemon juice & minced garlic and a wee bit of olive oil, wrap that in a few big lettuce leaves =) yummmm. I usually make a salad out of this and put it into homemade pita wraps but since you're low carb just wrapping it in lettuce should be good.
  • stephlewis
    Options
    oops, jsut remembered you don't like avocado, no biggie that can be opted out.
  • stephlewis
    Options
    More ideas though I'm sure you already know.... basically you can almost wrap anything in lettuce like you would bread. so wrapping tunafish in lettuce...there are so many SOUPS out there you can make easily low-carb and all around healthy, but I'm not sure if you have access to a microwave. Making a big veggie packed fritatta and saving the leftovers can be a good lunch.
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    Chicken breast with mozzarella cheese, salsa and mushrooms is one of my favorite low carb meals!

You can make it ahead of time and freeze it in individual "lunch" containers for quick grab and go...........yum!
  • awf2215
    awf2215 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    chicken breast topped with crumbled blue cheese and then a slice of swiss and melted in oven.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    6 oz. Chiobani non-fat Greek yogurt with a few fresh strawberries cut into it, plus sweetened with 1 or 2 Splendas or Equals. About 9 or 10 carbs for the whole thing.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    chicken breast topped with crumbled blue cheese and then a slice of swiss and melted in oven.

yum!!