Calorie shocker - Costa Coffee Fruit Cooler 192 Cals !!

Options
keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
Why oh why didn't I do my research- had a Mango and Passion Fruit Cooler from Costa Coffee on the way home from work thinking- no fat, it's just ice and fruit juice surely!? Oh no- it's flaming 192 cals and after dinner 2night I will be 200+ cals over my allowance. I hadn't planned to exercise tonight either as was late coming home. Damn Damn Damn! I know eating 1600 cals in a day won't make me put weight on but it sure as hell won't make me lose any either.

sorry just having a moan! I won't be having that again without planning around it first- why do diets have to ruin a perfectly good day sometimes :( ?:cry:

Replies

• Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    This is very similar to my sad discovery that HALF a personal pizza from Pizzaria Uno is 915 calories :'(
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Aww you can run on the spot for a while if you feel like you need to burn something, run up and down the stairs or do some star jumps, or just go for a little walk!

It doesn't have to be anything major to help burn it off! :)

Look on the positive side, you have learnt something from this and that will help you in the future! :)
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    But fruit is good for you!!:ohwell:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I had a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe one night - came home and found out the smoothie I had? Well, it was almost 300 calories! Holy Smokes! Now, I make sure I work it into my calories for the day BEFORE I drink it. It was delicious, but that's a lot of calories to toss away on a drink! Fruit or not!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie most days that's just soy milk and fresh fruit. It's about 200 calories. However, I find it's a good way to get my fruit in for the day, and it keeps me full until lunch.
  • suecq09
    suecq09 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its terrible, but I've gotten to the point that before I'll go out to lunch or dinner, I'm examining the online menus for nutiritional info. Its important to know what you are getting yourself into. A fruit drink/smoothie tends to be high in calories, unless you make it at home. Typically, the smoothies you get a restaurant are not just whole fruit and ice. They typically contain fruit juice, which all in all, is terrible for you. High sugar content and no fiber. I avoid drinking my fruit if possible and eat the whole fruit. It fills me up more and because of the fiber, its not anywhere near as bad for me. My dietician told me after I was diagnosed as a diabetic, that if I want an 8 oz glass of orange juice, I'd be better off eating 3 oranges. Once I logged in here, I started thinking about it. I'd never actually sit down and eat 3 oranges in a sitting, but would think nothing of pouring 8-12 oz in a glass and drinking it down.

I avoid fruit juice now as a standard. I typically avoided frozen fruit drinks in restaurants for that reason as well.
  • Merodie
    Merodie Posts: 21
    Options
    I love this quote " Success is a few simple disciplines practiced every day.
    Failure is a few errors in judgement repeated every day." author unknown

Remember a treat is ok as long as it is not every day. Lifestyle changes have the best long term lasting power. Don't deprive yourself of what you love. Just REALLY want it and enjoy.

For what it's worth....( I havn't figured out how to post my ticker) :tongue: but 41 pounds so far, nine more to goal, and that attitude has kept me never feeling deprived or like I am on a diet...

Peace and luck to all!!!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had a Sonic smoothie a while back that was over 300 calories. I started drinking it then googled and ended up throwing it into a trash can as I drove by.
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    I love this quote " Success is a few simple disciplines practiced every day.
    Failure is a few errors in judgement repeated every day." author unknown

Remember a treat is ok as long as it is not every day. Lifestyle changes have the best long term lasting power. Don't deprive yourself of what you love. Just REALLY want it and enjoy.

For what it's worth....( I havn't figured out how to post my ticker) :tongue: but 41 pounds so far, nine more to goal, and that attitude has kept me never feeling deprived or like I am on a diet...

Peace and luck to all!!!
    I have more or less lived by that!!Dont deprive yourself cos tahts when you end up falling off the wagon so to speak BIG TIME!!