Post baby weight loss

Options
Hello, everyone I have had a beautiful baby 4 months ago. I need to lose weight and I've been putting it off. It'd be great to have some support and encouragement on this journey xx

Replies

• owencassie
    owencassie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had a baby in August and I'm in the same boat!
  • vanessa007
    vanessa007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing is being tired all the time! Feel like starting to use this app should be a good start though.
  • cheryl_roman_love
    Options
    Hey I am 4 months postpartum and put on 6 stone during pregnancy.... In the last 2 months I've lost 19lb doing whole30 ... still got a long way to go but getting there!!
  • vanessa007
    Options
    That's great, you must be feeling really good, but what is whole30?
  • mya712
    mya712 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had my babies a while ago and am still carrying around an extra 7 kilo's. Hope to join the community, to give and receive support and encouragement.
  • Azathera
    Azathera Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone. My babe is 8 months old and I also joined the community not long ago to get help losing the last 10 pounds (already down ~4 pounds). It's a bit tricky for us "new moms" to lose weight in the first year, but it's doable. With the breastfeeding and the stress and the lack of sleep it's hard to take off the extra weight.

However, the good news is that we are ahead with "exercising" than everyone else due to the extra weight constantly attached to our necks (aka baby). Apparently, if you are in the habit of walking around with the baby in your arms you are consuming about 300 calories per hour. I bet that any of us walk carry/lift the baby for more than just one hour per day (summed up). So, all we need to do is be careful with our food intake and keep our calorie consumption under a certain threshold for a healthy weight loss.

I wish you all good luck and to stay strong. Never give up!

• beezde
    Options
    Hello ladies, I have a 9 month old and I am an older mom. Giving birth later in life has really taken a toll on my body. I have a goal to loose 40 lbs I want to feel better, and be healthier. I am using this app and my new jawbone tracker. Having a support group would really help me stay modivated, can I join you
    :)
  • vanessa007
    Options
    I've just had another baby and another ceasarean. I put on a lot of weight and need to lose at least 10kg to feel good again. Is anyone still using this forum? Xx
  • BrettieBooBoo
    BrettieBooBoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a 6yr old special needs kiddo, a 17 month old and a 7 month old.
    You can do it girl, take one day at a time:)
    Feel free to add me
  • vanessa007
    Options
    Thanks for the positivity! Your right..just one day at a time
  • BrettieBooBoo
    BrettieBooBoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always remind myself..my body has been good to me, it's created 3 beautiful kids, so I need to love it and take care of it:):)