Work out alone or with people around you?

Options
I realized this weekend I get a better work out when my husbands home and around, than when he is at work. Just curious who likes to (or feels they get a better work out) around other people, and who feels they get better work outs alone and why do you think that is? =P

Replies

• sockmontey
    sockmontey Posts: 19
    Options
    For cardio type exercise, I typically like to work out with a friend because it helps keeps me in check and stay motivated. For things like lifting weights, I tend to prefer working out alone to some upbeat music so I can stay focused and stick to my plan.
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Alone, as i've now incorporated the gym into my 'me' time.
  • misslashon
    misslashon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mostly with my cousin aka my workout buddy but i go one more day during the week than she does. so thats my gym time alone.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I usually like to workout alone. I do like it better when my mother is home though, even though she isn't in the same room as me. I feel more comfortable for some reason.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Some days I like to go the gym with people and other days I like to go alone so I can do my own thing.
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week at the gym. Usually people are there. Although I have notticed that all the " New Years Resolution" people left, but anyway yesterday this guy was in there and wanyed to talk to me. I was like I got 80 lb dumbbells that I am pressing can we talk later. I mean come on I was busy. I dont mind cahtting while walking on the treadmill but I was lifting and need to concentrate.
  • brow5204
    brow5204 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have to work out alone. If my boyfriend is home, I can't work out at all, and the gym is a major lost cause for me. I have such horrible "workout anxiety" aka "I am too self conscious to be productive around others." From the looks of this thread though, I am starting to feel like the only one with those kind of issues!