What are some things you do to reward yourself for losing weight?

Options
So now that I'm getting back into the whole weight loss thing again my body and mind isn't as motivated as it once was before I gained more weight. Still I know that it takes time to do better and get better. Anyway since I love clothes and shopping I have decided to reward myself by buying an outfit for every 10 pounds I lose. That way I know that I'm getting closer to my goal and that I'm getting closer to the clothes that I really want to wear but can't right now until I lose more weight. What are other things you do to reward yourself for losing weight?

Replies

• MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I also buy clothes. Particularly new gym gear and gym clothes to encourage me to work out.

Otherwise I usually go for something at a spa. A manicure, pedicure, facial ect. I never do that otherwise so it really is a luxury for me.
  • JourneyToTheNewMoi
    Options
    The spa sounds like a nice treat especially after a weights session :D
  • winterWind341
    winterWind341 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I stay away from buying new clothes since they would be loose in a couple of weeks :smile: but when i reach my goal weight be damn sure i will buy EVERYTHING haha. Other than that i did buy myself a skirt 4 kg ago (that is the first skirt i own since i was a little girl) and i will buy myself a new dress but not as a reward for losing but bc i have nothing to wear and there is a big party coming. Oh yeah i forgot i will sign up for bellydance too (its been my wish for years bit i was too ashamed of my body to start going)
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Go dancing
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    New clothes that fit me and make me feel more confident, but just cheap stuff and things that're on sale since I'm still losing. It's funny, I used to wear loose clothing in baggy styles because I thought they hid my fattest bits, when I now realise I just made myself look bigger; I can't believe I've reached a place where I actually WANT to wear close-fitting stuff to show of my smaller waist! Flattering new clothes are just the best reward.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    At my 30 lb loss milestone I joined the YMCA. I felt justified rewarding myself with this change up eventhough we are on a tight budget. I also bought new undies and bras, I'm waiting to buy a new swim suit when I am at my 50 lb mile stone. I have also stopped rewarding myself with a "cheat day" or with food in general (old thinking). I know I am rewarding myself with material things and would like to try moving that in a different direction like going to the water park with the kids to swim, going on short trips that involve something physical we can all do together like the safari park with the watch tower you can climb to the top of or the zoo, or just walking through and window shopping in the historic district. I think my kids would love that.
  • Sandy1930
    Sandy1930 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When i get to 20 lbs down (7 more to go is all) i get to start tanning again! I LOVE to tan so this is a huge reward for me. My husband and I also get to pick a new toy for whoever gets to the next goal first, whether its a specific weight or number. That makes it more fun. Once I get under 200 I am buying a new swimsuit though! Clothes come last!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Steak dinner! Easy to fit into my daily limit and steak, to me, is comfort food.
  • JourneyToTheNewMoi
    Options
    I stay away from buying new clothes since they would be loose in a couple of weeks :smile: but when i reach my goal weight be damn sure i will buy EVERYTHING haha. Other than that i did buy myself a skirt 4 kg ago (that is the first skirt i own since i was a little girl) and i will buy myself a new dress but not as a reward for losing but bc i have nothing to wear and there is a big party coming. Oh yeah i forgot i will sign up for bellydance too (its been my wish for years bit i was too ashamed of my body to start going)

In my situation I would buy clothes that fit my body before I gained all this weight that I have now. Because my first goal is to get back to the body I once had cuz even when I do reach my real goal the clothes I own now would still fit that body too but with a slightly loser or better fit.
  • JourneyToTheNewMoi
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Steak dinner! Easy to fit into my daily limit and steak, to me, is comfort food.

I need to stay clear of using food to reward myself because I have a really, really, really bad addiction to sugary foods that I'm really working on cutting down.

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by getting a new pair of earrings, a new pair of comfortable tennis shoes, etc.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    eat a kebab
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's not tied to weight loss but I've given up my two favorite things ever.... Coke and fast food if I can do it for 3 months I can put adown payment on a vacation I really want to take.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I went through all of my clothes recently to see which ones fit and how they fit. That was rewarding on its own.
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I plan to reward myself with spa treatments
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Road trips and theater tickets!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Hair cut and color, a fun workout tank top that I've had me eye on and 3 tattoos.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have been hemming and hawing about joining this power lifting gym and getting group training. I can't afford it really, but maybe I should make it work and treat myself.

I used to think I'd want to buy so many new clothes but I have found that I don't worry as much about clothes now because I can throw on a pair of designer jeans, short top, and boots to look good. Before I lost weight I had to do all kinds of weird pairings to hide this or that.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Shoes!
  • Mentiri
    Mentiri Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yoga gear and clothes, or luxurious skin care products.