Looking for a person to hold me accountable!!

Options
I've lost weight before but once I started to feel better about myself I started to eat bad again. I was doing it by myself, but I've come to realize that I need that extra support.

Replies

• librafitness3
    librafitness3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been in the exaaaaact same boat, more than once lol. Feel free to add me if you wanna chat sometime x
  • ketresellwhite
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have lost weight and kept it off for a year or so and then for whatever reasons, main reason - I love food, I have put it back on again. What would help you exactly? I am also looking for motivation to lose 2kg and maintain that and then I will look at losing more weight, but my aim is to lose 2kg first and keep it off.
  • angelanicole0523
    Options
    I've also done the same. I would like to lose it and keep it off this time!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this. I lost a ton over two years ago then put some back on. Last year I started divorce proceedings and a bunch of other changes happened then I fell off my wagon. Since the begining of the year I have found my motivation to trim down. My motivation is my black belt in taekwondo grading exam. It will be quite gruelling and as I will be the oldest person at the grading (46), I want to be at my best. Two weeks ago I began to incorporate fitness, including tkd classes, strength training and a jog into my weekly routine. I also have the support and encouragement of another older person who is a black belt (he's 50 and a badass in the dojo). Support on here is really good because we are all on the same path. My goal isto sculpt and I would be happy to be a pal for support and encouragement. Look out for my request. If anyone else wants to pal me feel free. :D
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm just getting back on board with my weight loss journey too. Going to be a grandma soon and want to be healthy and fit for this next chapter in my life. Add me if you want
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Guys, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, and the support you get from friends here is invaluable. But the way the question is framed - looking for someone to hold you accountable - touches on what I FINALLY learned is the key to weight loss. And that is, not relying on anyone but yourself for that accountability. You have to stop lying to yourself about what you're doing. (I'm talking about me now) MFP is a great accountability tool, because if you faithfully log all your food and your exercise, you can see whether or not you are gaining or losing weight. But you cannot depend on someone else for accountability. That is setting yourself up to fail. If that person doesnt come through, for whatever reason, pffft there goes your support system. That support system, that determination, has to come from within - you just have to make up your mind and then do it. Faithfully. Good luck!
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @Kevvboy‌ , of course you won't succeed without some kind of internal motivation. However, I have discovered that MFP and the people I've been interacting with really do help me stay accountable. Yes, it may just be a crutch, but when you've had an accident, a crutch isn't such a bad thing...
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree with anything you say.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Kevvboy wrote: »
    Guys, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, and the support you get from friends here is invaluable. But the way the question is framed - looking for someone to hold you accountable - touches on what I FINALLY learned is the key to weight loss. And that is, not relying on anyone but yourself for that accountability. You have to stop lying to yourself about what you're doing. (I'm talking about me now) MFP is a great accountability tool, because if you faithfully log all your food and your exercise, you can see whether or not you are gaining or losing weight. But you cannot depend on someone else for accountability. That is setting yourself up to fail. If that person doesnt come through, for whatever reason, pffft there goes your support system. That support system, that determination, has to come from within - you just have to make up your mind and then do it. Faithfully. Good luck!
    Huppdiwupp wrote: »
    @Kevvboy‌ , of course you won't succeed without some kind of internal motivation. However, I have discovered that MFP and the people I've been interacting with really do help me stay accountable. Yes, it may just be a crutch, but when you've had an accident, a crutch isn't such a bad thing...

both are true ... it HELPS to have a support group, and if you live with people, then the best support group is if you can them onboard with healthier eating patterns.

But .. that said ... no one makes you put too much or the empty nutrition foods into your mouth, and no one can stop you from doing it .... except yourself.
  • BrideVD
    Options
    You nailed it on the head! I do great for a couple weeks but then always go back to practically binge eating on crap foods! I would totally love to have some peeps going through the same thing!
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained weight many, many times. I have lost 45 pounds over the last year and have 10 more pounds I need to lose. This time it has to be permanent because my health depends on it. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 4 years ago. After my weight loss I was able to get my A1C into the "Normal" range and am off all medications and do not check my blood regularly anymore. I do not want to go back and be unhealthy again. You need to find reasons why you want a healthy life and reasons you do not. When you lose weight you will gain many positive things in your life that you will lose if you put all your weight back on. Do some soul searching and find out why you want to do this. If it is just to look better and to get compliments from others, you are bound to fail. It has to be about more than that. You have to change from the inside first if you are going to make permanent changes. You have to change your brain permanently. I read an excellent book entitled Never Say Diet by Chantel Hobbs. She teaches you exactly how to do that. I highly recommend it. Best Wishes on your journey. If you want to friend request me I would be glad to be a support. But in the end, your greatest strength has to come from within you.