What you need to know about the #1 book in America

Options
Onesnap
Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/dukan-diet-review/?e=y8v_jcTN

The Dukan Diet (review).

"That is when I kinda lost it. So, the Dukan Diet is "Atkins without the fat", and I am sure you will lose weight on it. You will also be constipated, feel lethargic, and have bad breath. You could potentially harm your kidneys with all that protein in your diet.

Look, I know we are all desperate to lose weight, but this is not the way to go about it. Not only do you want to shed pounds, but you should want to get HEALTHIER not UNHEALTHIER.

The Dukan Diet relies on you eating a lot of protein and very little of anything else. It is inflexible, unrealistic, and drastic."

-Snack Girl

Replies

• Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    Oh man, this has been all the rage here in the UK since it was revealed that Kate Middleton and her mom were following it for the royal wedding. I have several friends on it now. One lost 12 pounds in one week, which is great but she said it was hard and it is SO restrictive. Another friend was telling me about phase one and apparently you can't even get the protein from low fat dairy, lean beef or eggs/egg whites (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So what the heck can you eat???? I have done Atkins before and I was miserable so as tempting as it is to try to loose the weight fast, I don't want food (or lack thereof) to make me miserable. I think also for the rest of your life you're supposed to go back to phase one for one day a week. I'm not trying to judge people who are on it and like it, but I know that this diet is definitely not for me. When you cut out entire food groups it just can't be good for you.
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    Another friend was telling me about phase one and apparently you can't even get the protein from low fat dairy, lean beef or eggs/egg whites (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So what the heck can you eat????

No, dieters on Dukan most certainly can eat non-fat dairy, lean beef, and eggs. You can also have tofu or tempeh, all seafood, lean poultry, lean pork, and lean game.
  • Moonchild88
    Options
    You actually need to get the book!! It is a quite simple diet which is working for me!
  • Moonchild88
    Options
    Actually, you really need to get the book! And it NEEDS to be restrictive in order to teach an obese person to eat correctly!
    I feel that food is only mean't for fuel and I might as well have what is best for my body!

Also, Dr. Oz touted this diet last week on his program and said, (the same I feel) that it is less dangerous to get the pounds off and then proceed to keeping it off than it is to do nothing but gain weight!! Or be obese.

I am happy to have lost 10 lbs in 3 days! I have a long way to go! But I have lost more than 1000 LBS in my life and am sick of DIETING! This will teach me that my body can only have the best....which doesn't include sugar, flour, etc.

Good luck to all of you!!