insanity anyone

Options
is there anyone doing insanity right now? i just did my fit test today and it was brutal! anyone who completed it and are happy with their results? any advice?

Replies

• cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello. I finished Insanity last month. I got amazing results. I lost 8lbs in 9 weeks. My advice would be to keep at it. It's going to be hard at first but it will get easier. Don't lose focus.
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    I did insanity last year and I hated it but loved the results. It was a challenge, but I was really proud of my achievements. Yeah, the fit test is terrible! Keep at it though!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity max:30.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If you're an old guy like me, prepare yourself for impact injury / repetitive stress injury...

Three times I tried.

Three times I was injured.
  • ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity last summer. Loved it. I turned 50 the day after I finished it. No injuries, but I did modify as I went along to protect myself. My fitness levels on the fit tests saw major improvements.
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for years. I don't follow the program like I'm suppose to anymore but I'll pick out a DVD to beast it out if it's too cold to go run outside. My results from Insanity have been amazing. I have faster run times, stronger lifts and lean muscle gains.....this of course coupled with a lifting program and eating nutrient dense foods.
  • romapurplerodlover
    Options
    My gym has started insanity classes so I do it once a week (I do 7 classes 4 days a week) I love it because it pushes you. If you are doing it at home I'd say to turn it up nice and loud so as to drown out that little voice that says stop :smiley:
  • multiflower1234
    multiflower1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i just finished the first day it was flipping hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really wanna see my results at the end of the 63 days
  • possingk
    possingk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did the fitness test today, that was challenging, but I look forward to 60 more day of it. :-)
  • CaoimheMariexo
    CaoimheMariexo Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just finished Month 1 today! I'm doing it more for toning than anything else. I took out the fit test altogether and switched it to plyometric cardio circuit! Don't see much point in the fit test but thats just my opinion. :blush:
    Great results so far and can't wait to see the results after Month 2!
    Goodluck! Its a great program :)
    Oh and also I would suggest makin a playlist with some good workout songs while doing it because it can get a bit boring listening to the same thing everyday! (after you get use to what exercises there are!)
  • kmhaydock
    kmhaydock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1, and I'm already feeling and seeing amazing results!! It's hard but I'm loving it!
  • emc2fit
    emc2fit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you're an old guy like me, prepare yourself for impact injury / repetitive stress injury...

Three times I tried.

Three times I was injured.

To be honest, just anyone in general needs to prepare! I loved Insanity, but I found doing it was completely reckless. I'm young, fit, I train in other disciplines. And yet out of the 3 rounds of Insanity that I did, twice I was injured. Once was a tear in my rotator cuff, and the second was a tear in my meniscus in my knee.

I shouldn't out right blame Insanity for it because of course there could have been other weaknesses in my body I wasn't aware of, but generally I'd say make sure you're well conditioned before you begin.

Cardio is fine, be as unfit as you like, but make sure you're strong in your core to ensure you stay stable through the repetitive squat type activities, and make sure you're strong in your shoulders and arms because you'll be putting a heck of a lot of strain there too (mountain climbers, press ups etc.)

Once you're into it, it can be hard to take a day off, but above all 110% listen to your body. If you're just sore that's fine, but if something feels wrong, don't risk it! Shaun T and all the others you see on there didn't get those muscles from Insanity alone, however they do facilitate safe completion of the program.

Good luck! Sorry for the downer :)