Determination and Effort Can Take You Far! 40+ lbs gone with pics!

Options

Replies

• greenoranges67
    greenoranges67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Job. You look amazing
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations good for you!
  • kreed4ever2005
    kreed4ever2005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What calorie count did you allow yourself a day????
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You were pretty to begin with, and now you also look so healthy, fit and vibrant! Great story!
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! It was my resolution last year to be a healthier, slimmer person, and I am glad that I held to my resolution with great results. The first couple of week were hard, but it was so worth it in the end! :)

What calorie count did you allow yourself a day????
    My ideal calorie range for weight loss was around 1600-1700 based upon my height and activity level. I usually allowed myself to have stuff like pizza and other fast food in moderation on the weekends, so I exercised and logged to allow myself a calorie deficit were I could eat that kind of food and still lose weight. I wasn't eating enough at first which made me really irritable and too tired to have a good workout at the gym. I wanted to lose weight super fast at first, but it became too taxing on my body. I had to adjust, and after awhile I found a good balance.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic achievement, and it's so great that you did this now, while you are young, setting you up for a lifestyle with a great attitude and a healthy body! Well done girl.
  • minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Pastela‌ Thank you for the detailed response. I'm similar in many ways. Is there a specific weight routine you followed or just the machines? How did you keep your motivation going ? Thanks again!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)
  • Pastela
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Pastela‌ Thank you for the detailed response. I'm similar in many ways. Is there a specific weight routine you followed or just the machines? How did you keep your motivation going ? Thanks again!!
    You're very welcome! @minniemickey
    There wasn't a specific weight routine I followed. I just experimented with the different machines in my gym. I primarily focused on the machines that focus on upper body muscles since I really wanted to focus on toning my arms (the part of my body I am the most self-conscious about). I selected the weight I was the most comfortable lifting on the machine and did a few reps on each machine.

What kept my motivation going was seeing my progress each week. I would weigh myself at the end of every week and become thrilled as I notice the scale continuing to go down. I also began shopping for smaller clothes which was another huge motivator for me. I also received a lot of nice compliments from my friends and family which also helped me going. I knew that I was making changes that were really going to be benefit me for the future, and continuing to see progress kept my spirits strong through the process.

There were some difficult days, but I just had to keep reminding myself that I could push through and achieve my goal. You have to keep a positive mindset and not mentally defeat yourself. It's easy to feel like you'll never reach your goal or that it is too hard, but you have to get yourself out of that mindset. You have to look at yourself and say "I can do this. I am capable". It's amazing how this journey has made me more confident. It's all about believing in yourself and remembering that you are working on something that will be extremely beneficial to you in the long run! :)

• minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Pastela‌ wow this is amazing! Another similarity, I'm also conscious about my arms. I've been good in Jan and lost 10lbs but went back to a week of usual eating (no junk though) but dint gain any. I'm planning to get back on track this Monday. I hope I don't take any more breaks, it just delays the process. Thank you! I will refer your post whenever I'm off track. :)
  • scarpullagirl
    scarpullagirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pastela wrote: »
    Hello MFP! :)

I was able to go from around 195-200 lbs (US size 14/16) to 150-155 lbs (US size 6/8) in around 6-7 months!

So inspiring o:) ! I'm at a similar starting weight. But you look like a size 2/4 girl. May I ask your height? I may just have to adjust my goal weight up from 135.
  • revival15
    revival15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! You look amazing :) Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Pastela
    Options
    @Pastela‌ wow this is amazing! Another similarity, I'm also conscious about my arms. I've been good in Jan and lost 10lbs but went back to a week of usual eating (no junk though) but dint gain any. I'm planning to get back on track this Monday. I hope I don't take any more breaks, it just delays the process. Thank you! I will refer your post whenever I'm off track. :)
    That's cool that we're similar! You're welcome! It's ok to have days where you don't eat as healthy. I try to live a 80/20 lifestyle where I eat really well during the week so that I can eat junk food in moderation during the weekend. Good luck with your journey! :)

Pastela wrote: »
    Hello MFP! :)

I was able to go from around 195-200 lbs (US size 14/16) to 150-155 lbs (US size 6/8) in around 6-7 months!

So inspiring o:) ! I'm at a similar starting weight. But you look like a size 2/4 girl. May I ask your height? I may just have to adjust my goal weight up from 135.
    Thank you! A lot people think my size is smaller than what I really am. I forgot to mention my height in my original post. I'm 5'8". :)

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You look fab!!! Congrats on your lifestyle change!
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Always glad to hear success stories.
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nicely done
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring! Excellent job. You look amazing :)
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Definitely an inspiring story that shows your great work and attitude.
  • jwillia9
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • Pastela
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! It's weird that last year around this time I was just starting this journey. I'm so glad that I experienced success and hopefully I'll keep achieving more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!