piyo...im thinking of giving it a go, thoughts please

Options
Hi... I currently weigh 143lb after gaining a little over christmas and not really doing much exercise since november! I work full time and study so time is of the essence... Whos done piyo and what are the results like?

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I've not done piyo… buy my niece does it religiously. That's her main workout. She is a working mother of 3 (actually 4 now) so time is of the essence for her too. Like I mentioned, she just had a baby… so she wasn't doing it for weight loss. But I can say that this pregnancy was where she gained the least amount of weight. Plus she felt better this pregnancy than any of her previous 3. Previously… she was pretty much miserable by 6 months… but she was going strong for the whole time. Able to walk, dance, keep up with her work and her 3 kids. And she kept doing Piyo throughout her pregnancy. I don't know if that helps you or not… but that's been her experience.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm just entering my last week of PiYo and I LOVE it! I've lost 8lbs and 20 inches so far. I'm also stronger and more flexible than ever! It's an absolutely AMAZING program - so innovative, effective yet gentle on the body!

Feel free to friend me and pick my brain - I'm an open book! :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've done it. I didn't love the program and felt like Chalene copied a lot of movements from other Beachbody programs. It was nice for a low impact workout and flexibility, but it would not be my preference for a go-to program, especially if I was short on time. I found there really wasn't enough bang for my buck time-wise and for achieving my goals.

You're probably going to get a lot of Beachbody coaches sending you PMs or wanting to be your friend now, OP.
  • PrettyInPink140
    PrettyInPink140 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Piyo! It's a very unique exercise but I've lost inches in my core and feel super flexible!!
  • makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    (Not a coach!)

I love it. I'm almost done with week 5 and It's definitely working for me. I'm doing a gym workout in the morning and maintaining a decent calorie deficit. This is my after work workout. I started at 233 pounds. Piyo is giving me some extra cardio and seriously sculpting my muscles. I'm trying to avoid the skinny fat thing and preserve my muscle while eating at a deficit. I home that as I lose more fat my muscles start peeling out a bit more. I can feel them hiding in there already!
  • lynnk1971
    lynnk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm just entering my last week of PiYo and I LOVE it! I've lost 8lbs and 20 inches so far. I'm also stronger and more flexible than ever! It's an absolutely AMAZING program - so innovative, effective yet gentle on the body!

Feel free to friend me and pick my brain - I'm an open book! :)
    Friend request on its way... Im starting today :-)
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at this program, it looks good. I live in Australia so having trouble finding a site to buy it from.
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the program this morning and hoping I didn't waste $70+. I love Yoga and I love the look of a "Yogi" body, as it is lean and long. I like weight lifting, but I need something that also incorporates the cardio aspect, as I've been lazy and NOT going to the gym for my cardio. Actually going to cancel my membership if I enjoy PiYo as much as I think I will.
    That being said, I'd like to maybe have friends who are doing the same program to keep ourselves accountable?
  • xtina11179
    Options
    I just received my PiYo yesterday and I'm looking to start it tomorrow! I haven't worked out in way longer than I care to admit so I'm hoping this is going to get me back into it and be something that I enjoy!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Piyo for a good month or so and I am really enjoying it. I haven't taken any measurements yet, but looking in the mirror it appears that I am changing the may my mid-section looks. I may curse a few time during some of the workouts, but love the way I feel after. *not a coach*
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    I am in week two of Piyo and my arms are already becoming more defined. It isn't easy but man do I sweat by the time I am done!
  • lynnk1971
    Options
    Yeah...i have just finished week 2, lost an inch and half from waist and half inch from my arms. I have gained 2lbs but think thats due to protien shakes and 2.5 mile run at lunch times
  • lynnk1971
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I've been doing Piyo for a good month or so and I am really enjoying it. I haven't taken any measurements yet, but looking in the mirror it appears that I am changing the may my mid-section looks. I may curse a few time during some of the workouts, but love the way I feel after. *not a coach*

Haha... I know what you mean with the cursing, some of the moves are quite challenging
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i just ordered the dvds and planning to start sunday or monday. trying to figure out which day of the week i want for my "rest" day from the program so that i can follow it as closely as possible. for those who are seeing good results, are you doing additional cardio or other workouts or just the dvds? i'm mostly looking to strengthen and tone, and maybe drop a few more lbs
  • lynnk1971
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    i just ordered the dvds and planning to start sunday or monday. trying to figure out which day of the week i want for my "rest" day from the program so that i can follow it as closely as possible. for those who are seeing good results, are you doing additional cardio or other workouts or just the dvds? i'm mostly looking to strengthen and tone, and maybe drop a few more lbs

Hiya... I am doing a 5k run in my lunch too
  • mons2014
    mons2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw the PiYo thread, my barre studio just started offering it & one of my favorite instructors is teaching it. The hour flies by so fast & because it's so new, it will keep anyone from getting bored. Great thread! I love that it really helps stretch out tight muscles, but is fast & fun. :D

(Always looking for an accountability buddy, if anyobe else is, feel free to add me)
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Curious on what all your thoughts were on the Piyo program... a friend teaches a class a couple times a week, and I'm going to try it for the first time on Wednesday. How should I log the exercise? Love to hear input! Thanks!