Using the calorie count but nothing in weight loss

Options
I got back on the band wagon using the calorie count, I keep it as close as humanly possible, I have not logged exercise as before because it just confuses me as to allowable calories, nor did I write number of water, does not make a difference on calorie count.
I am now into my 30th day, from day 1, it said I would be around 91-92 kg in 5 weeks, well I am into the 4th and have not lost a single kg, I still stay between 95.5 and 96.3.
Just in calorie intake I should be loosing, So how much error is the calculator? according to my results its 5% off towards the heavy side, I am using 96 kg as a reference.
Any ideas?

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing or gaining, you are eating at maintenance. So aim for 10-20% less calories per day, depending on how much you have to lose.
  • orandaberg
    Options
    OK, but then the calculator can no longer be used as it states I am under eating and will not calculate, and its sort of true, if you eat under 1200 calories a day you will be hungry.
    But I will give it a try at 20%, I doubt 10 % will be of any difference. My current goal is 90 kg,
  • orandaberg
    Options
    yes I do weight my portions before cooking and use bar code for accurate readings for foods, As far as drinks go it basically water and green tea, about a liter of water with 2 bags of green tea, and plain water, about 0.5 lt. Yes 58 with a 1200 daily goal minimum, but not to exceed 1900 at times, with minimum 20 mins a day of some sort of mild cardiovascular, walk to the stores instead of car, swim 45 mins etc etc
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're not logging properly ...read the stickies

Despite which your calorie goal is ridiculous ...once you get your logging correct you need to address this

It's a learning curve and you have to be honest with yourself
  • orandaberg
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You're not logging properly ...read the stickies
    (Read the stickies?)

Despite which your calorie goal is ridiculous ...
    (what should it be?)
    once you get your logging correct you need to address this
    (address?)

It's a learning curve and you have to be honest with yourself
    ( do not know how much more honest I can be then to log what I eat and add it to the log)

• acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Are you using/weighing things like butter or oil while cooking? Your food diary has very even numbers for things, are you weighing portions and entering the correct weight on MFP? Also, when you eat avocados the entry you use has no weight. I think there are probably a few steps to be better with your logging. I can't make out everything in your diary because of the language but maybe there is some room for improvement in how you weigh/log.
    Don't forget things like sugar in the tea, butter, oils, the bite of chocolate you had etc.
    Hope that helps!
  • orandaberg
    Options
    Thanks, I use no added oils or butter, just grill, some may find gross, but I eat 5% or less red meat raw, mixed with onions, herbs, and avocado, I know the weights of the poultry and meat by double checking package weight to scale weight, I do not always because the weights have been accurate, I also weigh after cooking because water and oil in the poultry get more or less cooked out on my grill, but I still use the raw weight. I d not use refined sugar, only what ever is in the food itself.
    I will check myself to be as accurate as possible for the next 5 weeks and see what results come from that
    Note I am not gaining cm's (inches)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you are sure that you are logging accurately, I'd get a blood test. Check all the regular things plus thyroid.
  • FrancesAnnLFM
    Options
    hidden salt in condiments or carbs can add a kilo or two to the scale and make a person frustrated..try using a tape measure that will show weight loss before the scale..good luck the fact that your here on MFP and logging in what you eat is proof your trying hard..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your calories depend on your stats

So we know you're Male, 58..which means 1200 a day is below the recommended 1500 minimum to begin with

What's your height, current weight, current activity level without purposeful exercise, goal weight loss per week and goal weight
  • orandaberg
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your calories depend on your stats

So we know you're Male, 58..which means 1200 a day is below the recommended 1500 minimum to begin with
    If you look at my FC you will see I stay above the 1200 but under 1900

What's your height, current weight, current activity level without purposeful exercise, goal weight loss per week and goal weight [/quote
    H= 1m73cm
    W= 95.5
    GWLW= 0.5 lbs
    GW= 80-85 KG
  • orandaberg
    Options
    hidden salt in condiments or carbs can add a kilo or two to the scale and make a person frustrated..try using a tape measure that will show weight loss before the scale..good luck the fact that your here on MFP and logging in what you eat is proof your trying hard..

Good Idea