Can anybody recommend any good books on fitness and nutrition?

Options
The thing is I am a 107kg guy who really needs to lose weight and get into shape and in the past I have hired personal trainers to help me to achieve my goals but they have all turned out to be unreliable and expensive so I was wandering can anybody recommend any good books that can teach me all about exercise, nutrition, strength/muscle building and fat loss etc but please recommend any books that's are also easy to understand because I'm not experienced in the fitness and nutrition field.

Replies

• holliesangel
    holliesangel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's not a book but I happen to be rather fond of Nerdfitness.com. It has a lot of good advice and keeps the explanations relatable to real people. It might not be your thing but I've read through and enjoyed.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    starting strength is great resource for lifting….
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I recently ready 'fat loss happens on Monday' and would thoroughly recommend it.
  • anacd
    anacd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A book on nutrition I really recommend is 10 Steps for Heatly Eating, by Leslie Beck. Her website is also very helpful!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been reading "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" by Tom Venuto. I think it's a few years old now, but has been updated and it seems to get good reviews.
  • edwardrz
    Options
    "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto is an excellent book on losing weight, fitness and nutrition.
  • chiggers9
    chiggers9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished a book called "Commit to Get Fit." It is a nice read.