5 weeks down and 25lbs off

Options
So pleased with my weight loss. Just need to up the exercise now to increase results but eaten such a sensible and varied diet that i cant believe the rapid success! Very happy!

Replies

• jjasmelon
    Options
    That's fantastic! keep up the great work, but remember even slow weight loss is better than no weight loss (*)
  • melhasz8
    melhasz8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi those are excellent results!! Good job! Can you tell me what type of diet you are following??! I am just getting stared and appreciate any advice !
  • lisavanhine
    Options
    Great job!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! :D
  • RavingMad13
    RavingMad13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Have you noticed the change in your body yet?
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great work :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. I would definitely not try to increase the rate at which you're losing-- it's already more than double what's considered a safe rate.
  • sweeneyk83
    Options
    Thank you for the positive feedback! Believe it or not my intention was not to lose so much so fast but it has just happened that way. I am just eating sensibly, counting my calories and increased my activity level and fluid intake. i am astounded by the numerical loss but need to increase my exercise i think to notice my shape change more?
  • kreed4ever2005
    kreed4ever2005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sweeneyk83 wrote: »
    So pleased with my weight loss. Just need to up the exercise now to increase results but eaten such a sensible and varied diet that i cant believe the rapid success! Very happy!

Are you calorie counting and excersise???? What was you starting weight if I may ask????.....
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's wonderful how a diet change can really accelerate your weight loss! :) Congrats!
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As far as shape change, it'll come. I lost a pretty significant amount of weight my first month, and it's been almost two now and I'm just noticing a more drastic change. I've lost 30 so far though. Not done a lot of exercise, but I have been limiting calories and eating low carb. Got rid of all my cravings, now I'm set for the rest of this journey. :) Cheers!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you for the positive feedback! Believe it or not my intention was not to lose so much so fast but it has just happened that way. I am just eating sensibly, counting my calories and increased my activity level and fluid intake. i am astounded by the numerical loss but need to increase my exercise i think to notice my shape change more?

Ah I see what you mean. Yes, for body composition changes you'll need exercise. I'd recommend a progressive loading strength training program if that's your goal.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • sweeneyk83
    Options

Are you calorie counting and excersise???? What was you starting weight if I may ask????.....

Yes no problem my starting weight was 18st 5lb! I have a big frame and am tall but clearly was overweight. Will be hitting the exercise now though!
  • MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! How did you do it... I needed to lose 30 pounds, the first ten took me a month! I have 18 to go but I am starting to get desperate
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is such an amazing weight loss. I wish my scale would move like that. LOL... May I ask you what type of exercise did you do and how often? Keep up the great work!
  • sweeneyk83
    Options
    Wow! How did you do it... I needed to lose 30 pounds, the first ten took me a month! I have 18 to go but I am starting to get desperate
    That is such an amazing weight loss. I wish my scale would move like that. LOL... May I ask you what type of exercise did you do and how often? Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement. I have been going on long walks and have been doing my Zumba DVD at home when i can. I have been eating as varied diet as i can whilst sticking just below my calorie intake but always over 1000 and having plenty of fluid. I did have a lot to lose tough so maybe thats it? I intend to carry on and try to increase the exercise where i can. Guess its a marathon and not a sprint. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement. I have been going on long walks and have been doing my Zumba DVD at home when i can. I have been eating as varied diet as i can whilst sticking just below my calorie intake but always over 1000 and having plenty of fluid. I did have a lot to lose tough so maybe thats it? I intend to carry on and try to increase the exercise where i can. Guess its a marathon and not a sprint. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!
    Good job on the weight loss!! But you need to eat more, 1000 calories is not sustainable.

Read this!! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Great success so far and congrats!!

I would definitely increase your calorie intake to stay above 1200. Also is probably not a great idea to increase exercise without the increase in calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!