Wii Zumba

Options
Deevs
Deevs Posts: 32 Member
I've just taken the plunge and "invested" in the Zumba game for the Wii, but can't find it listed in the exercise database. Has anyone got any idea of the calorie burn rate, or what do you equate it to that's in the database?

Thanks.

x

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I do mine as Aerobic : High impact
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just list it as dancing general. From what I can gather the cals come out less than those going to proper zumba class but i'd rather that than overestimating calories burned.

Ps I've been doing wii zumba for almost 2 weeks now and lost over 1 1/2 inches from my waist! My weight loss has increased by around 1/2 lb per week more as well. Completed intermediate moving onto pro today! Wish me luck!.....let's party
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do a class, and have the wii zumba. I do both with an HRM, and it works out at about 400 cals an hour. Hope that helps :bigsmile:
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I do mine as aerobics high impact too. But I have bought and am waiting for it to arrive a HRM so I will manually do it once I get that!
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    i log my as dancing general.
  • ttmaiolo
    ttmaiolo Posts: 14
    Options
    So how do you all like the zumba game for the WII? Is it easy to learn? I"ve never done zumba and am not totally sure what it is besides what I've seen on the infomercials, LOL! Just wondering if it's worth it to order the game.

Thanks,
    Tracey
  • Deevs
    Options
    Thanks everyone - very helpful indeedy!

Michelle - good luck with shifting up a gear ....

Tracey - a friend of mine mentioned the Wii Zumba game on her FB page so I went to Amazon and read the reviews. Not done any of it yet but tonight's the night .....! Reviews were excellent - and there's a belt that you put the Wii controller into to sense your movement (no Wii Fit board needed).

I just hope I can still move tomorrow!

x
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - very helpful indeedy!

Michelle - good luck with shifting up a gear ....

Tracey - a friend of mine mentioned the Wii Zumba game on her FB page so I went to Amazon and read the reviews. Not done any of it yet but tonight's the night .....! Reviews were excellent - and there's a belt that you put the Wii controller into to sense your movement (no Wii Fit board needed).

I just hope I can still move tomorrow!

x

Well I did my 20 min intro at so called expert level. I couldn't stop laughing as I had this guy instructor rather than the usual female one & all his moves were different. I didn't sweat as much. Probably cos I had a little trouble following him and cos I was laughing to myself so much. Will try another 20 mins later. The wii belt is good if u have kids. They don't seam to want it as much cos they can't see it!
    Let us know how you got on.
  • Deevs
    Options
    Michelle - that's really made me smile, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers with an attack of the giggles! Didin't get round to it last night as my OH didn't go the gym so I didn't have the house to myself .... tonight, however .....!
  • Deevs
    Options
    Wow! Just done the 1st twenty minute "easy" workout ..... and I'm dripping! Feel like I've really worked. Love the workout calendar feature and the encouragement to work harder with the energy meter.

If I can move, I'm going to attempt another session before work in the morning!

x
  • saphstone
    saphstone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I almost got it a couple of months ago, but then I tried it at my mom's. It was a great, fun workout but very hard to do in tennis shoes on carpet.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I got mine as a late birthday gift from my son yesterday, so I had to try it out!

I'm a super fatty, super weakling, 5'3" (almost anyway!) and 200 lbs. I can follow dance moves pretty well, but decided to start with the tutorials first.

I got throug ALL of the varitions in the Calypso style - I took my time in practicing each one, especially when I hit the "sped up, real time" portion - it took me about 20 minutes, and when I was done I was dripping wet, I was a bit worn, but man I had a blast! After that I did Day 1 Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'd done this workout before, got through 23 consecutive days, then I dropped the ball for various personal reasons - kicking myself of course!

I plan to be back at it tonight and every night - 20 minutes of Zumba Wii, foilowed by 30 DS.... look for my weight loss, coming soon!!!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Deevs
    Options
    Good luck - keep in touch and let us know how you get on, and no dropping that darned ball this time!

x
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I just list it as dancing general. From what I can gather the cals come out less than those going to proper zumba class but i'd rather that than overestimating calories burned.

Ps I've been doing wii zumba for almost 2 weeks now and lost over 1 1/2 inches from my waist! My weight loss has increased by around 1/2 lb per week more as well. Completed intermediate moving onto pro today! Wish me luck!.....let's party

wow, how long do you play the game each day? Those are amazing results! :)
  • girlw00nder
    girlw00nder Posts: 15
    Options
    I got it a couple of weeks ago and it's awesome! I loved class but had to stop as was at a bad time. Great investment for £25!

I love the rock n roll one! I feel like I'm doing loads during it! Not keen on the belly dance as I just feel a complete prat ha ha!

I logged it manually as Zumba on MFP said it burns around 250 cals an hour so probably underestimating!

Have fun! xx
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    I have had my Wii Zumba since March and I love it! I do other exercise so it isn't my only workout but I'm not bored yet! It is more like a game because you want to beat your score every time. That and the music is fun. The time goes so fast and if my 280 lb self can {{shake it shake it}} any one can! Was a little embarrassed at first because this girl has got no rhythm but it is just so darn fun I don't care if I look silly. I always feel like I really accomplished something great when I'm done! ENJOY!
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    ooh, this Wii Zumba sounds quite a good DVD, might have to invest!!! Although am worried that I will have soo many exericse dvds for the dvd player and Wii i will run out of time to use them all!! lol
  • meechellebelle
    Options
    Wii Zumba is awesome. I've done Zumba DVDs before and NEVER got as good of a workout as I do from the game. For those who think they can't dance, don't have rhythm, etc., etc., it teaches you how to do the steps and starts out slow. As you get more comfortable with it you can advance to the next difficulty and challenge yourself some more. I lost 2.5 lbs the first week that I was doing it on schedule, and my body has already toned up considerably. I would seriously recommend it to anyone :o)
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Wii Zumba is awesome. I've done Zumba DVDs before and NEVER got as good of a workout as I do from the game. For those who think they can't dance, don't have rhythm, etc., etc., it teaches you how to do the steps and starts out slow. As you get more comfortable with it you can advance to the next difficulty and challenge yourself some more. I lost 2.5 lbs the first week that I was doing it on schedule, and my body has already toned up considerably. I would seriously recommend it to anyone :o)

Amazon here I come!!!! :smile:
  • Deevs
    Options
    I've done 2 x 20 minute sessions now - one yesterday evening, and one before work this morning, and it's fab! Highly recommend for days when you can't get to any organised classes / pool etc.

x