Sore stomachs!

Options
I've been eating all the right food and exercising properly, but my stomach is in so much pain, I have ibs and thought maybe with eating good foods it would help it but it is getting worse! Could anyone give me any tips on how to control the pain or something x

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You have a medical condition so you should educate yourself about your triggers

Lots of resources online

http://www.webmd.com/ibs/guide/ibs-triggers-prevention-strategies
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have IBS and a lot of "good" foods (even "good IBS" foods) make me cramp up so bad I cry.

You might seriously want to talk to your doctor about this, especially in case the IBS is masking a different problem.
  • livv365
    livv365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's so sore haven't been able to move from my bed since 3 today it's so sore! Ill phone doctors on Monday! Xxxx
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    livv365 wrote: »
    Thank you! It's so sore haven't been able to move from my bed since 3 today it's so sore! Ill phone doctors on Monday! Xxxx

Good idea to talk to your doctor. In the meantime you could try a low FODMAP diet.

• Lulufifi1994
    Lulufifi1994 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too have ibs and find that when I make a drastic change in my diet I'm bloated, constipated (sorry if TMI), crampy and in a lot of pain. So it could be that. Definitely talk to your Doctor - but it could be that a previously sluggish digestive system is getting an unwelcome wake up call. Hope you get answers from your GP.
  • livv365
    livv365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me, feeling sorry for myself! Lol I've went from just snacking and not eating meals and now 3 weeks ago eating proper, healthy meals and drinking plenty of water it is maybe that, thank you everyone! X
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Me too! I'm currently laying in bed feeling very sorry for myself right now after being in huge amounts of pain last night.
    Mine ended up being diagnosed as gastritis and duodenitis so might be worth checking it out! Although I'm pretty sure that IBS pain tends to be lower down in the stomach where as gastritis is right at the top just under your sternum.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician, who can go over the types of foods that would cause the least amount of pain.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    IBS is strange, some people find increasing fibre helps and others that it makes it worse, so definitely talk to doctor/dietician.