marsella22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    talwhite1 wrote: »
    Welcome back! You've got this!

• TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kelly :) This is my first attempt at losing weight. I'm two weeks in and third day on here and it's kinda disheartening! Every time I log a food in my calories go through the roof! How I'm supposed to stay below 1200 is beyond me, I feel like I'm going to have to starve myself. I know it's not that bad but that's what it feels like. I'm eating half the amount I used to and I'm still going over my calories by around 500 :(
    P.S. Sorry to burst in on your thread, the title just seemed appropriate :)

That's awesome! I am from North Richland Hills , TX! Friend me if you like we can help motivate eachother! I have lost 12 lbs in 27 days! I am doing 1200 a day it's not too had , I promise
  • jgt1942
    Options
    There are several diets you can try but too many set unrealistic goals. Try the Mediterranean style diet and eat a variety of foods. Also exercise! Hopefully you can find exercises that you find fun. I use a Nordictrack cross country ski machine and listen to audiobooks I have on my smart phone while doing any exercise. In the last four weeks I've worked my way up from 15 minutes (just over a mile) to 4 miles in 30 minutes. The bad news is that you have to exercise a LOT to burn off the calories thus try to eliminate them in your diet by choosing better foods. Avoid processed food when possible. I have a niece that was overweight all of her life, she became vegan and exercised. Over a period of time (about 3+ years) she lost over 100 lbs.

Most days I can keep my calorie count below 1500-1700, I'm an old fart with heart issues thus keeping my pulse below 110 when exercising is a must, I'm 6-1. I recently jumped back on the program and in the last 4 weeks I've dropped from 208.4 to 202.2
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you cant last longer than 3 weeks and you have tried multiple times before, then ask yourself why this time is going to be any different? It shouldnt be torture that depresses you or makes you feel bad, which leads me to believe you need to change your approach and mindset towards what you are doing.

Its not starting your journey that counts, but finishing at your desired target. Get friends and review your plan. I'd think the first poster is correct in looking at whether your traget is too agressive or your expectations are simply unrealistic. Looking after and supporting yourself is one of the key factors, so beating up on yourself because you went over by 150 is counterproductive. Be smarter and more effective this time than previous attempts. Good luck.
  • chanell84
    chanell84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to view counting my calories as a game. I like to take the foods I like and experiment with them to see where I can cut calories and still have it taste great. I really like to cook so that does help. You do not have to exercise to lose weight although it will help. As long as you stay within a calorie deficit you will always lose weight. A calorie deficit is what MFP gives you as your calorie goal. As long as you stay at or under that caloric intake you will lose. I've learned lost 17 lbs in a little less than a month and my husband lost almost 25 and he doesn't exercise at all. You can do this! Make it fun!