Need suggestions - best exercises for someone w/ 2 left feet

Options
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to find different exercise methods so I can rotate my schedule. Hopefully, this will keep me on track and prevent boredom!

I am currently doing 30DS, walking, biking, and some pilates. However, I was looking for something upbeat I could do in a class or group setting. Have heard good things about zumba, however I have a horrible sense of rhythm. Can't dance without tripping! :laugh:

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and felt like I had two left feet when I started, but now I can keep up and man what a burn. I would say give it a try. I absolutely love zumba. You get out of it what you put into it though...you don't do much you won't burn much, but if you really dig deep and go low and hold your core tight, you will burn lots of calories! Also, body pump scults the body really nice. You really must watch your form and hold your core tight and make sure to watch never to allow your knees to go over your toes when lunging or squating. I have been doing it for about 3 mos now and it is like night and day difference.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I do cardio kickboxing at my gym. It is real fun :bigsmile:
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about Zumba, I like it, but I spend more time trying to keep up with the instructor than I do getting a good workout!! I take a Kickboxing class that my gym offers, it's amazing!!!! It's such a blast to get out your frustrations in a room filled with 30 plus people, we have drills, she partners us up and we have to be accountable to our partner to give it all u got!!! I'm not sure about a kickboxing dvd, it problably be ok, but there is nothing like being accountable in front of a room full of people!! I purchased a HRM last week, got on two different machines at the gym and it is spot on with the machines figures and mfp's figures, mfp shows me burning about 300 cal for a hr of kickboxing, my HRM showed me burning 850 cal in class yesterday!!! Of course I've been taking the class for 3 yrs and am very familiar on the correct hits and kicks, but I think u would like it!!!!!!
  • Meg28
    Meg28 Posts: 59
    Options
    Spinning is a great one!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a spinning class? They are really upbeat/motivating and a lot of fun.
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You should try Zumba for Wii or Xbox if you have those gaming consoles ! Its great ! It makes you feel like your in an actual class.. It can also ready you for an class so you would feel more comfortable !
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Find a Turbo Jam class (cardio kickboxing). If you can't find one, order the DVDs..it's a great workout and after the first time, you pretty much get the moves down. I know because I can't dance, either. :)