Any other Pescetarians?

Options
Struggling with balancing my office job and enough protein, any quick fix low calorie options for snacking? I exercise heavily so really do want to be getting a fair amount for my body.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Roasted edamame or chickpeas. Nut butters or humus with crackers or cut up veggies like broccoli. Bring a smoothie from home in a thermos of tofu and fruit. If you like to cook you can make baked oatmeal, nut bars, coconut and chia bars, . .
    Google Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Can't do smoothies, the texture makes me want to vomit. Sadly the same with chickpeas >.< Never thought I was a fussy eater!
    Baked nut bars sound good though, I was hoping for more savoury options as I've not got much of a sweet tooth and i'm bored of shovelling down beans just so I have some goodness.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What tastes and textures do you like?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you eat fish, why not just add some canned tuna on a salad or something?

Do you eat dairy? A piece of cheese is a good protein fix, and if you go for a hard cheese like aged cheddar you can eat it on its own and the fat content is lower. (Plus, chock full of calcium!)

A glass of milk is always a good protein dose.

Sashimi from your local sushi place?

• minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What is a pescetarian?
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna and flaked salmon etc. is what I currently live off. It does get very dull!
    I've been opposed to eating cheese recently due to the negative of huge amounts of fat, i've heard low fat mozzarella is a good protein kick so may have to chuck some in with a salad.

Pescetarians eat fish and veg, no other forms of meat. I only eat fish for protein, if not i'd pretty much be a veggie.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian is someone who eats like a vegetarian but also has fish occasionally and no other meat proteins.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pescetarian. Nut butters are a good source of protein and help keep your blood sugar balanced. You could check in to quinoa, it has complete protein. You can use it many ways, check into recipes online. I also make my own protein bars. I am retired now, but peanut butter was my go to snack when I was working. Best wishes.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Do you eat eggs? You could add hard boiled eggs to salads or eat them with a bit of salt for a snack.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I top salads at work with a package of tuna or salmon. I find that a great variety of fresh veggies and some balsamic vinegar helps a lot. I discovered Genovo Tonno in the 3 oz pop top cans on Amazon. Buy it by the case and it doesn't cost more than the Chicken of the Sea foil packages per oz and tastes sooooo much better. In fact, I just ordered another case this morning for $40.48 with free shipping. That is $0.56 per oz which is as cheaper than I can buy the 2.5 oz foil packages for a the local chain grocery stores. I take an assortment of spices to work and sprinkle some on top and eat it right out of the can. No smell either, so no complaints from coworkers. I do the same with King Oscar double stacked sardines in olive oil. I am not a big sardine fan, but the double stacked are smaller, more tender and smell less. Some lemon pepper or celery seeds on top makes a big difference. I have tried the sardines in mustard and I almost don't gag. The ones in hot sauce are just too big and coarse; I do gag. If I took some hot sauce of my own to work, that might be interesting on the King Oscar double stacked also. I'll have to try that.