Calling all Wrestlers, Rowers, other Athletes with experienc

emchen
emchen Posts: 48
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,

I posted on here a few weeks ago telling you about my situation. I need to be 130 pounds by Thursday 5/12 for a race.

On 4/12 I started at 148.6 pounds. After a lot of hard work, today, 5/10, I am 134.8 pounds.

I really want some feedback from wrestlers or athletes who have been in my situation before and have experience with cutting water weight, "sweating it out," etc. What were your schedules and plans like 2-3 days up to the weigh-in? Please give me whatever advice and help you have.

I've been reading a lot online about this. http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html and I am probably going to do this plan: http://everything2.com/title/guide+to+making+weight

I'd just like any advice/tips. I am hoping to be 133 or 132 by tomorrow, and have to sweat out only 2 lbs at the most the night before or the morning of weigh-in. That's another thing, should I sweat out the night before, or closer to the weigh-in time?

Thanks!

Edit: I will have access to a sauna Wednesday night but not Thursday morning. Weigh-in is Thursday afternoon at 2pm.

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    What kind of race is it and why are you weighting specifically for the race..?
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    the morning of soak in a hot bath for 10 min and then stand in a cold room for 10 min and repeat for about an hour. my husband does this to cut weight befor his fight weigh-ins. be sure not to drink or eat anything that day, and the day befor do not eat carbs. just veggies and lean protien
  • littleEj
    littleEj Posts: 35 Member
    Are you a coxswain? If you are and you're under weight, keep in mind they will add weights to your shell so you meet minimum requirement....
  • kepa808
    kepa808 Posts: 2 Member
    High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)... http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html

Watch calories, but don't do a low carb diet. Low carb diets are for those who are more sedentary. You are an athlete and need to burn quality fuel!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
  • emchen
    Are you a coxswain? If you are and you're under weight, keep in mind they will add weights to your shell so you meet minimum requirement....

I am not a coxswain. Lightweight rower.
  • emchen

Thanks, that was really helpful.
  • emchen
    What kind of race is it and why are you weighting specifically for the race..?

It's for a regatta (rowing). The race is a lightweight race, women must be <130 and men must be <160.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Ok, that makes a lot more sense...
  • emchen
    What I was asking more is whether or not anyone here has personal experience with this, and if they can tell me about it?
  • vanillanilla
    vanillanilla Posts: 3 Member
    I have persona experience. i am a coxswain and my coach wants me under 100 (in certain cases 105) lbs even though I will need to be weighed down with sand bags. Use the sauna, HOT HOT HOT showers really are the best. Any way you can get yourself to sweat is amazing. Dont drink water that day until afterwards where you need to CHUG WATER so you don't dehydrate. (dont worry you get a lot from food) Don't eat any kind of salty foods. SALT = water retention.
This discussion has been closed.