New MFP user 100 lbs to loose and DEFINITELY needs some friends and motivators lol

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, 27 going on 28 and I'm about 150 lbs overweight. I've struggled with obesity my whole life and I'm not depressed or sad over it lol I grew to learn to love myself. But I know for health reasons I need to take control of my weight. I suffer with PCOS which makes it even more difficult to loose weight and so much easier to gain it smh. But now I'm finally doing something proactive when it comes to my health journey. And I believe MFP is a great way to help keep me accountable. So please feel free to add me and we'll keep each other on the straight and narrow lol talk to you guys soon :)

Replies

• jamie91203
    Options
    Good luck! !!! One pound at a time girl. U can do it!
  • gillstewart
    gillstewart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yip, this is the best way I've found, been a weight watchers member for as long as I can remember, but this is working much better for me :). From my heaviest ive lost about 42lbs, I want to lose at least another 50. Adding friends and following their journey is helping me a lot too, feel free to add me, for some reason I can't add people x
  • owencassie
    owencassie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can do it! I've lost 20 so far and still have 60-80 to lose. So far it's been nice to use. Let's be friends and help keep each other on track.
  • heathera0104
    Options
    I just joined today! I am also 27 going on 28 and have decided to take control of my health too! I am here to help! You got this!! :D
  • phiquemadamne
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys. I'll add you all and we'll help each other out :D looking forward to this!
  • sue61802
    sue61802 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started 5 days ago and am down 4 pounds. It never gets easier but support sure is helpful.
  • MEINDIA
    MEINDIA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay committed.... You can do it.
  • LoriBethHouse
    LoriBethHouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, 27 going on 28 and I'm about 150 lbs overweight. I've struggled with obesity my whole life and I'm not depressed or sad over it lol I grew to learn to love myself. But I know for health reasons I need to take control of my weight. I suffer with PCOS which makes it even more difficult to loose weight and so much easier to gain it smh. But now I'm finally doing something proactive when it comes to my health journey. And I believe MFP is a great way to help keep me accountable. So please feel free to add me and we'll keep each other on the straight and narrow lol talk to you guys soon :)

• LoriBethHouse
    Options
    totally understand I'm doing it from my h to I have diabetes high blood pressure and cholesterol so after losing some weight all those factors hoping getting better
  • LoriBethHouse
    Options
    sorry was talking the text in and several mistakes were made, I too am looking at it for health reasons. On 3 meds that inhibit weight loss. You can do it girl!
  • phiquemadamne
    Options
    sorry was talking the text in and several mistakes were made, I too am looking at it for health reasons. On 3 meds that inhibit weight loss. You can do it girl!
    Thanks Hun I hope together we can really achieve our goals.
  • phiquemadamne
    Options
    I appreciate all the support
  • tawana_quarles
    Options
    Hi phiquemadamne, I just joined MFP this morning. I just turned 40 and I need to lose 90 pounds. I hope we can be friends because I definitely need one for this new journey. Good luck on your journey...you can do it :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome site....wishing you much success...Feel free to add me :)
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, Add me if you'd like! I love MFP for the support (which, as it turns out, is a very important tool in your weight loss arsenal.) Believe me, I get lazy or unmotivated but every time I log in to MFP I feel reenergized and ready to take on the challenge. It is a struggle, and it isn't easy. But the most amazing things in life are often the ones we work the hardest for.

Love and Peace, my friend.
  • bubbabacon
    bubbabacon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • ReadyToLose1973
    ReadyToLose1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in January and I want to lose over 100 pounds too. Would love to help support each other. Feel free to add me
  • michelebarnes1026
    Options

• aoifers
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today -am 27 and need to re-focus on a healthy life :) feel ready for this healthy fit journey :) - feel free to add me and we can motivate each other x
  • michelebarnes1026
    Options
    Hi Michelle
    My name is also michele and I am very new to this site ( I just downloaded 2 days ago). I need to lose 40 to 50 pounds and if I don't then it's cholesterol pills for the rest of my life, I don't like taking pills. I am 46 years old and I have found just like you said it's easier to put on than take off. I will also need friends to help me with this so if you would like to do this together I'm willing to give it a shot :)