sweet tooth...every time I'm hungry

Options
I get sugar cravings, I'm over it, any tricks to get Sugar off my mind

Replies

• emmab852012
    emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you and me both!!! Its so hard when you have that sugar craving to let it go instead of letting in. Sometimes I just distract myself put on music or something and read. BUT I also like to trick my brain I will freeze crystal light into ice cubes and when I get cravings I will eat a few. They are surprising sweet
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Chew on some gum or brush your teeth
  • olygirl197630
    olygirl197630 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a problem with snacking on sweets, I should have described it better. when I get hungry its all I think about until I actually eat. My first thoughts for food go to something with sugar. I'm wondering if I'm lacking something in my diet?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is craving sugar. Sometimes when you try to cut something off for good, it may have some unfortunate side effects. Of course, that's just my non-professional opinion :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    20g good quality dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids

Break off a small piece, place on centre of tongue and allow to melt ...repeat

Very satisfying use of 120 calories ...I like the one with cranberries or salted caramel
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Or berries and 0% Greek yogurt

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Two scoops of Peters Neopolitan ice cream - 157 cal. Delicious.
  • Sh3rl0ckH0lm3s
    Sh3rl0ckH0lm3s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also find that if I let myself get too hungry all I think about is cake! So I always make sure I'm never hungry; I take snacks to work, always eat breakfast and eat after a workout, have healthy snacks on hand... which just takes the edge of cravings because you know it's not real hunger. I also incorporate sugary fruit into my daily diet which helps :)
  • 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of frozen yogurt with fruit and light cool whip almost every night. I get a massive sundae for under 200 cals. Last night I had kiwi, peach and mango with cool whip and lemon meringue Yoplait Source dessert yogurt. Soooooo good.
    I also love the Special K pastry crisps. They are delicious and satisfy my treat cravings. I made a point of finding foods that allow me to indulge myself and stay in my calorie allowances. I'm changing my habits for life so I need to find things that will work long-term. And treat deprivation long-term will not work for me.
    For potato chip-type snacks I eat the Dare Breton Popped BBQ crackers. They are awesome and delicious and taste like potato chips to me. Satisfies that need for something crunchy. I also make kale chips and leave a bowl on my coffee table. Having one or two now and then satisfies a chip craving.
  • Spunkykid578
    Spunkykid578 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No bake protein bites. Yummy.
  • olygirl197630
    olygirl197630 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Maybe your body is craving sugar. Sometimes when you try to cut something off for good, it may have some unfortunate side effects. Of course, that's just my non-professional opinion :)

I think it's the plan to cut it out,I can get sweet from a banana
  • erinncashsmidt
    erinncashsmidt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the world's worst sweet tooth. Until I started doing this I've never even attempted to moderate my sugar intake in my entire life. I finish a meal and I have to have something sweet; I sit at my desk and crave cookies. And fruit just doesn't do it for me. So instead of just suffering and feeling insane/binging by cutting out all the sugar...I just let myself have something.

My saving grace has been these little things called Mrs. Thinster's cookies. I actually first bought them in line at a Staples (sugar impulse). They're healthy-made, no preservatives, etc, and 5 small cookies for 130 calories is totally doable for me, especially when the alternative is eating four boxes of girl scout cookies in a sugar-deprived rampage.

I'm sure there's some massive controversy about the little 100-calorie packs, but if you can't control the sugar craving, a little low-cal sweet is the better alternative to the binge, for sure. I also find that I can conquer my sweet tooth with marshmallows: one is sweet enough to distract me and it's 25 calories.

Another great one for me is to overwhelm my taste with something minty and cold.

Good luck. I feel your pain. I may or may not have just eaten a sleeve of Thin Mints...better luck for both of us tomorrow! lol!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Quest double chocolate chunk bar. I love them. It's like my chocolate fix with extra protein.
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Erika puts the smack down on sugar here. Shocking. http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/?s=Sugar
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1triciakae wrote: »
    Quest double chocolate chunk bar. I love them. It's like my chocolate fix with extra protein.

Definitely my go to for a chocolate hit! I've also swapped normal chocolate for rasberries and blackberries. Satisfies my sweet tooth with hundreds less calories