I need help from any Londoner...on logging..

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
Help please.. I need to know how you guys log in a meat pie? I just found a beef one on sale, it is about 5 inches across and weighs 480 grams (with foil plate)

Replies

• VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is it a branded meat pie? or a fresh one from a shop?

Its a bit of guesswork involved, but pastry top and bottom or just top? Have a look inside and see how much meat there is and then look for something that fits in with what you've found.

There is something called a Sargeants meat pie in the food list, however it is 436 calories for 175g, that would probably be about right for the one you have, pies are really high in calories if they have a pastry top & bottom.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    That sounds quite large! My husband had an individual pukka Pie for lunch- 200g, 600 cals.
  • jerber160
    Options
    yes. top and bottom crust. it's a thick crust. made at a specialty store-just have to re-heat. they usually have chicken and this is the first beef I've found. the chicken ones probably have about 4 ounces of meat in them... I'm guessing the same for beef. there will probably be potato and nice veggies. thick gravy..t hank you..
  • jerber160
    Options
    I ate half.. there's probably 3 ounces of diced beef.. lots of peas and carrots, a nice gravy... I never noticed it with the chicken pies, but the crust seemed fattier than usual... weighing down a bit. I counted about 475 cals I think