Need some encouragement

Options
Some of my friends are doing low carb diets and and the weight has dropped off them , and mine is not going so quick I'm just eating normally with out all the junk food. Have lost 4 stone so far in just over a year, which I'm happy about and using MFP has completely changed the way look at food. Just feeling a little disheartened about the length of time it's taking .

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far :) ... Slow and steady weight loss is better for keeping it off. Our bodies are all different, keep doing what you are doing and you will catch up if thats what you're aiming to do. Yes it is disheartening, but look how far you've come... 4st is something to be proud of..... Good Luck on the rest of your journey :D
  • GPHX_GEEK
    GPHX_GEEK Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. I know it's frustrating when it just seems so easy for other people, yet it takes you like 3 weeks to lose 1 pound. Stick with it! It will come. When that happens to me and I start to feel like: "what's the point?", I remind myself that it is not all about the number on the scale. I remind myself how good I feel when I'm eating healthy, how much more energy and how many less headaches I get when I'm working out, etcetera. Find reasons other than the number on the scale to motivate you. You can do it!
  • thelovely4
    thelovely4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)