Looking for Support

Options
Hello everyone. I am a 41 year old female from Texas. I started MFP January 1 and I have lost 15 pounds. I have s long way to go. I'm looking to lose a total of 125 to 130 pounds. I am approaching my new journey one day at a time with the hopes that small changes will result in big results. My 2015 goal is 88 pounds which is 1.7 pounds a week.

I'm looking for friends that can support me on my journey. I'm new to the MFP community so I'm not sure what to expect!! I wish everyone much success.

Replies

• lifestyle50
    lifestyle50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello RTL. I've been using MFP for some time now, but for me it has been something I've done on my own. I've just used the calorie counting which has been an essential tool for me. I lost 80 lbs and now I have been in maintenance for 3 months.

For me, it was a process of not only one day at a time, but incremental goals. I didn't set out to loose 80 lbs. My first goal was just to lose 25. Once I made that I felt good enough to go to 50. Then it seemed like I might as well lose the last 30 to get myself to the weight my doctor said I "should" be at.

It sounds like you have made a great start. I recommend always rewarding yourself with new clothes. Ones you like, and ones that are snug so your preference is to loose just a little bit more so they fit better. Maybe it sounds silly, but it helped me a lot. : )
  • ReadyToLose1973
    ReadyToLose1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!!
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Well done on your loss so far. To date I have lost 84lbs with 19lbs til I reach goal weight. It's taken 3yrs to lose as I've had a few slip ups along the way! But I now log daily & have an open diary. Good luck on your journey & feel free to add me :)
  • ReadyToLose1973
    ReadyToLose1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome. It really excites me when I see people that are reaching their goals. I will send you a request!!