No support at home!

Options
My wonderful husband - who is normally very wonderful - today brought home a dozen fresh Krispy Kreme donuts, a 2lb box of assorted See's chocolates, and dinner from Chipotle. And, as he's not feeling well, he asked me to drive him to these stores.
Temptation abounds, and I'm feeling a bit pressured and less than supported. Does anyone else deal with a non healthy lifestyle spouse in the house? How do you do it? Suggestions please!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Would you really go so far as to say he is not being supportive...by buying the foods he wants? Now you have some temptation and moderation challenges to over come. It's not easy, but challenges can be fun. Have a chocolate, log it.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am surrounded by them at home but have my son and niece for long distance support. They both live away now. She is an athlete and a strict no nonsense task master, son is concerned about my health as am I. I have nit been dealing well. Maybe we could support each other. Friend me if you want.
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I don't deal with that,well my wife does have her treats,but my kid s got the house full of them. Hard sometimes but keep your goals in mind before reaching for a treat and think how hard it is to get rid of unwanted weight. Hope this helps a bit. :)
  • Alicia_1981
    Alicia_1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My hubby isn't supportive but he isn't nonsupportive either. He seems completely indifferent to what I do in regards to me getting healthy. He brings home and suggests temptations ALL the time, but I know I'm doing this for me. Temptations will always be part of the equation just have to figure out how to navigate them. Remember this is about YOU! Also you can't expect them to change their habits to make it easier for you, unfortunately.