When did YOU start seeing the weight shifting?

Options
It's been about 5 weeks since I went on a daily calorie limit / exercised more. I've lost around 10 pounds.. but I don't really see any difference in myself. I've started taking pictures of myself every 2 weeks to keep me motivated but nope still feel like nothing is budging. I know its not a fast process and doesn't happen overnight but would of expected some fat on my body to be reducing.. but i'm still motivated to keep going! :wink:

Anyway! when did YOU start to notice that you were loosing weight?
When did your family/friends start to notice?
Do you believe in the saying that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for family/friends and 12 weeks for everyone else?

Replies

• AnnDee81
    AnnDee81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 60 pounds and i don't see it when i look in the mirror but I can tell when I put on my outfits. My friends, family and co workers can all tell.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I lost 10% of my body weight before other people started to notice. I lost almost 20% before I was able to see it in the mirror naked.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I noticed only a couple weeks in, but I do have a lot to lose and I was wayyyy overeating. Now, my clothes look like they belong to someone else they are so big on me so everyone sees a change. I'm eating healthy amounts of calories, protein, plenty of fats, etc. I think some of it was bloat from the large amounts of soda and also too much sodium in the junk I was eating because I noticed a big difference in my belly first. I'm at 45 days logging now, but I was already making changes before that.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I started to see differences after about 20 pounds. Other people noticed closer to 30, and the first people to notice were people I hadn't seen in a while. People you see every day might not notice until you've lost 35 or 40 pounds, or they see an old picture.
  • LilyMammoth
    LilyMammoth Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have lost 75 lbs. Some days I notice my weight loss, but most days I still see myself as 75 lbs heavier. I don't see it much, but my boyfriend and friends do.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Other people saw a difference after 20lbs, but I didn't see a difference until 30-35lbs. Sometimes I look in the mirror at 47lbs lost and think I still look the same.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight one needs to lose. A 10 pound loss would be a LOT more obvious on a 130 pound person who dropped to 120 pounds than it would be on a 250 pound person who dropped to 240 pounds. My starting weight was close to 375 pounds and I had to lose 100+ pounds before ANYONE noticed it at all.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight one needs to lose. A 10 pound loss would be a LOT more obvious on a 130 pound person who dropped to 120 pounds than it would be on a 250 pound person who dropped to 240 pounds. My starting weight was close to 375 pounds and I had to lose 100+ pounds before ANYONE noticed it at all.

This is what I was thinking. I can kind of see that I've lost weight, but how I know I have is that my pant's are looser, my shirts are baggier, and the measurements are going down. I see it more in the numbers than in the mirror and that's good enough motivation for me to keep going.
  • VRotberg
    VRotberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 so far and other ppl seem to notice, my bf especially. I don't see it yet but i do FEEL better. I think that's what's most important. I FEEL like i'm lighter/stronger, like there's less stress on my bones and joints. And my diet is way better so I feel happier and much less gross.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm with everyone else, some days when I look in the mirror I see that I'm smaller, other days when I look I still see a busted can of biscuits. I was 226 when I started all of this, I really didn't start to see a difference in myself until I hit about 180, but everyone else noticed before that. I'm at 165 now, 35 more to go til' goal. I personally think it takes a while for our brains to reanalyze how we see ourselves after we've lost weight. When I reach 130 and still see my 226 lb self in the mirror, I'll know I'm right. ;) If you don't have one already, get yourself a clothing tape measure and start taking measurements. It helps when you hit those plateaus on the scale. And hang on to a pair of pants from your starting point, when you slip them on, you'll see how much you've lost!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I saw some results in myself in my clothes around 10-15 pounds. And pictures probably after 20 pounds lost. I work at a bank and a few of my customers noticed a change in me about 25-30 pounds into my weight loss. I still look into the mirror and struggle to see much of a change, but I see some definition in my upper abs (my biggest area I want to lose is my stomach) and arms.

I think that about every 10-15 pounds, I drop a pant size. I used to be a size 16 but now fit in 12s and the occasional 10.
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 pounds since the New Year. I don't really see a difference, but my husband and mom say they can - especially in my face. I have, however, noticed a difference in how my bras/clothing fit. I have to constantly pull my jeans up. I've noticed I feel a heck of a lot better. I have also noticed very subtle changes in my progress photos this month and last month, but as far as looking at myself in the mirror and seeing someone new... definitely not.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a photo once a month and there really wasn't a big enough difference in appearance for me to really notice until month 3. I felt different and could do more things in month 1 though. I'm about 4 months along now losing weight and I think it would be fairly noticeable to anyone that I've lost some weight now (going from 179 to 162.5 pounds).
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    So I started at 175, I didn't see a remote difference until I hit about 155-160? I definite difference around 150, and everyone was like "holy crap you look different" at about 140. I'm 137 now (Maintenance was between 130-135 so I have a few pounds to lose currently.) I don't plan to go back up into the 150's unless I get pregnant lol.
  • JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started at 360, and didn't see a difference for 30 pounds. I am at 287 right now, and also haven't seen a difference since about 315. But I'm looking primarily at my midsection, I haven't been paying much attention to my arms, back butt or thighs. Could it be where you are looking?
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 10% of my orginal weight. I can see it along my sides. While my tummy and butt don't seem to have changed at all, I feel like you can see my natural waist better.

I think I will really notice it when I can go down another jeans size. Right now my 18s are too big but I can't comfortably get into a 16, and I think once I can put on pants that fit better, it will be more noticeable. But I can see small changes happening.