peanut butter help !!

Options
Heya
i have this massive looove of tesco peanut butter but its really high cal and fat can anyone suggest any thing / brands that might be better ?

thanks xx

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I use Natural Jif. 190 cals, so I don't do it too often.
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but you should try PB2. They have a website. It's http://bellplantation.com/
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    Its a processed food, but Better N' Peanut butter got me to the point where I can now eat the real thing alot less. It tastes the same, and has half the calories.. I only find it in Targets (U.S)
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2. It is a powdered peanut butter that has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter. Basically they just remove that peanut oil from it. You reconstitute it with water. 2 tablespoons have only 45 calories and it is very good.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    There's nothing 'bad' about peanut butter as long as it's only made from peanuts or maybe peanuts and salt. If you're buying a peanut butter with added sugars and oils, then you may want to switch to a brand that is simply peanuts and salt and then monitor quantities eaten.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    PB2 is DELISH and super low cal/fat/everything!!! I'd definitely try it!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but you should try PB2. They have a website. It's http://bellplantation.com/

I LOVE PB2! Peanut butter on toast is my favorite evening snack & sometimes I just don't have enough calories left, so PB2 does the trick! :tongue:
  • daddyzgurl
    daddyzgurl Posts: 58
    Options
    Better N' Peanut butter is really good. i switched my whole family to it and the kids never noticed a difference! 100 cal for 2 TBS and half the fat of regular.
  • begonia813
    begonia813 Posts: 12
    Options
    try almond butter. or some other nut butters. peanuts are one of the "worst" nuts for you. i was reluctant at first, but i actually like them better!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I just bought some PB2 over the weekend. It's good. The first time I tried it I put cold water. I like it better with warm water. For 45 calories for 2 T's it's worth it! I believe Skippy is 190. Before getting the PB2 I usually would just have 1 teaspoon on my bread of the regular kind. I used the 45 calorie Sara Lee slices so it wasn't too bad.
    I had some on my apple for lunch and it was good that way too!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    try almond butter. or some other nut butters. peanuts are one of the "worst" nuts for you. i was reluctant at first, but i actually like them better!

I really like almond butter too! It's a LOT more expensive than peanut butter, but it's very tasty. The Archer Farms brand at Target is pretty good and it's $4.99 for 16 oz. Some of the other nut butters, like Cashew Butter, are close to $10 for the same size jar.

I just can't get on the PB2 bandwagon. Don't see the point and it is CRAZY expensive. I'd rather measure my servings of the real stuff.
  • crbruner
    crbruner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone buying the PB2 I would love to try it but do not want to order such a large amout.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a fan of Better 'n Peanut Butter! In fact, I just finished a snack with baby carrots w/ 2 tbps of better n peanut butter as a dip. Delicious and nutritious! I get mine from Trader Joe's
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone buying the PB2 I would love to try it but do not want to order such a large amout.

There's a place on the website that you can see if you can get it locally. I was surprised that they sold it a couple towns away at a grocery store. We have the same store in our town, but it didn't list it there. I'll have to see the next time I'm there. It was I want to say around $4.75?? I can't remember the exact amount, but I know it was over $4. What it tastes like is fresh peanuts and smells like fresh peanuts. After you mix it with water it's like it's peanut butter, but maybe not as buttery in consistency???? It's good though. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I do. I like using warm water instead of cold though. Since your peanut butter isn't usually cold when you eat it. Then you think you are eating the real thing. I'll pm you! :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! I have not been able to find it Im going to have to run to targe and see if they carry it here...
    Its a processed food, but Better N' Peanut butter got me to the point where I can now eat the real thing alot less. It tastes the same, and has half the calories.. I only find it in Targets (U.S)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Teddie brand.

I don't know if you can get it just anywhere, it might be local to New England. It's nothing but peanuts and salt (if you buy the salted variety). I buy unsalted. I love looking at the Ingredient list and seeing "peanuts" and nothing else.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like the Earth Balance Peanut Buter with Flaxseed and sweetened with Agave (creamy)

it tastes so good