hate keeping food diary

Options
Hi guys. So I am sort of new here. I tried to use this tool before but I hate keeping a Food diary. Any pointers???

Replies

• cpav444
    cpav444 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It seems to me the reason this method works is because we keep a food diary.
    I guess you either need to commit to it and be consistent, or use a different method.

I personally find it fun to do, and interesting to see all the diffrent things I eat, and what the foods are worth in calories, protein, minerals etc.

• abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Same as you balance your Money it´s wise to balance your calories. Make the effort.. and in a while you will find that you often eat the same and logging will be easier. Guestimating is a Waste of time..
  • lbr88
    lbr88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    abelcat1 wrote: »
    Guestimating is a Waste of time..
    I disagree even guestimating a few meals is better then not logging anything at all.

Logging food isnt always fun. It hurts when you go over the daily goal. But i love the results. This combined with a training schedule is what keeps me going. It only gets easier the further you get.
    Tip: use the reminders they really help me when I forget to log a meal.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Look, yes, it's a tedious pain in the *kitten*. If you can lose weight and keep it off another way, awesome. Some can, some can't. I can't. So I suck up the tedious pain in the *kitten*.
  • Evenstranger
    Evenstranger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It will get easier with time - most of us tend to eat the same things on a regular basis, and as the program recognizes them, you'll be able to simply tick off a check box instead of having to search for everything.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    For me it is the only way. I have been doing this for 3 years now, and it is a part of my routine. I have been on maintenance for 15 months and so far, it has worked for me better than any other weight loss/maintenance plan. In fact, it is the only plan I have ever achieved maintenance on. When it comes right down to it, it is all about calories in vs: calories out, and MFP has got it covered.

Find what works for you. There are many options available.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How long did you 'try' it before giving up? TBH, keeping a food diary really isn't that big of a deal. Sometimes it may seem tedious, but it takes less than 15 minutes out of your day to log. And really, what's 15 minutes out of your day, when there's so much to gain from it (or, lose... ha!)? The food diary is an efficient tool to ensure weight loss/gain/maintenance and works really well.

AS for 'tips'... try pre-logging your day's meals in the mornings. It's a good way to see where your wiggle room is and to fit in treats and snacks, etc.