Is 12 weeks enough?

Options
tlw7
tlw7 Posts: 41 Member
im 31 5'8" weigh 155 w 2 kids (3 and 16mo). Goal weight of under 140. My husband has his presidents club trip in abt 12 weeks and I want to be comfortable, confident, lean, and toned. I eat well all day but snack way too much at night. I just finished marathon training and am now doing at home crossfit workouts (mainly push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, lunges, squats, etc) and some running. Anyways, is 12 weeks enough for a dramatic change? Any advise? I'm ready to be happy abt my body.

Replies

• tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    math-wise, 15 lb in 12 weeks should be doable. you're pretty active physically. So is should be just a matter of food discipline. If you have the time, don't stop doing cardio - that is a good chunk of calorie burn right there for the weight loss, and you seem like a competent runner.

The key thing here is the "dramatic" qualifier... Even if you make significant changes they might not be dramatic enough, and some people are never happy. Take your best crack at it - you have a measurable goal and a good deadline. You can make it work.

For what is worth, I have the same issues - snacking a lot at night. Ugh. Hard to manage since I only can train consistently in the evenings and I'm always very hungry afterward.
  • deariedina
    Options
    :)
  • tlw7
    Options
    I'm not that dead set on losing 15 by then. That would be great. But I'm hoping by eating better, keeping up the workouts, continuing to run..that I'll see noticeable changes!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Take photos and body measurements now and then in 4 weeks and so on. It's a great booster. :D
  • tlw7
    Options
    I've taken some pics but don't see much change bc my eating hasn't been too consistent. Took measurements..need to update. But I'd like to get a solid week in before I measure again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!