Forget the stupid scale!!!

Options
when i first started at my current job, i was at my smallest, 202 lbs. they gave us our first two work shirts. they gave me the women's XL. now, these are very SMALL XLS!! it barely fit me. very snug and the arms like to have cut off all circulation. i was too lazy to fold my clothes in the clothes basket this morning and i happened to see this same shirt hanging up. i havent worn it in prolly 6 months bc if it was too small then, it would surely kill me to wear it now.

now as of this morning, i weighed 219.4. and do u know i put it on and IT FITS! even the arms fit! its not hugging my body at all the way it used to. and it blew my mind bc im over 15 lbs heavier now then i was then. i hear all the debates on muscle weighing more then fat, oh no it doesnt, its this and its that. i dont care wat the hell it is... the flippin shirt FITS! so from here out... my new motto is F THAT SCALE! just thought i would share that with u all. lol.

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    YES! I have soo lived by this motto my entire life...

the scale is nothing but a bad friend that tells you how fat you are and how far you have to go!!!

F THE SCALE!!!!

AMEN!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am thinking that MFP should let us record pants sizes as a marker of achievement, because apparently my scale is a spiteful S.O.B that doesn't want to budge even though I have lost TWO pants sizes :tongue:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Battosai08
    Battosai08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

And good advice!

Congrats!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Damn right!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am thinking that MFP should let us record pants sizes as a marker of achievement, because apparently my scale is a spiteful S.O.B that doesn't want to budge even though I have lost TWO pants sizes :tongue:

LMAO, luv it
  • purrteetea
    purrteetea Posts: 24
    Options
    scales suck...i'm using my waist measurements to confirm that i am on track...
  • summadmak
    summadmak Posts: 44
    Options
    Love it!!!! Right there with ya!!!!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I feel like they should have an "inches" ticker that tracks your cumulative inches lost - for those who don't feel like the scale is an accurate assessment!
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Too funny...I don't use the scale either...it's depressing! It's you guys on MFP that keep me motivated and on track! Thanks!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    personally, i havent lost ANY weight in oh i would say two weeks, maybe more. however, i have lost 6INCHES off my waist alone. now how in the heck is that possilbe!!! i completely agree... inches should be on the ticker. not stupid pounds!
  • jannapurna
    jannapurna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding of that!
    My scale has barely budged in the last few weeks, but I feel different, I look (a little) different, and my clothes fit better.
    Eat it, scale!
    (I'll still weight myself, though, because apparently I'm a masochist.)