Paleo Pancakes

Options
LoadedM6Tina
LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
I saw a very healthy friend post on Facebook a picture of Paleo Pancakes. I went online and found several recipes. I tried them and they were awful! Bananas, eggs and almond butter. Does anyone have a 'better' proven recipe? I'm not one to give up on healthy food right away.

Replies

• kaysize
    Options
    Here is the recipe I use and I absolutely adore the flavor

1/4 cup of coconut flour
    1 pinch of salt
    3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    1 tablespoon of honey (I also substitute honey for maple syrup once the pancakes have been cooked)
    3 large eggs
    1/3 cup almond milk

1. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour and salt. Set aside.
    2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 3 tbsps. of coconut oil and honey until mostly smooth. Whisk the eggs in one at a time and then add the almond milk.
    3.Fold the dry ingredients in and mix until just combined. Try not to overwork the batter, or the pancakes won't be as fluffy.
    4. Cook like normal pancakes!
  • LoadedM6Tina
    LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    kaysize wrote: »
    Here is the recipe I use and I absolutely adore the flavor

1/4 cup of coconut flour
    1 pinch of salt
    3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    1 tablespoon of honey (I also substitute honey for maple syrup once the pancakes have been cooked)
    3 large eggs
    1/3 cup almond milk

1. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour and salt. Set aside.
    2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 3 tbsps. of coconut oil and honey until mostly smooth. Whisk the eggs in one at a time and then add the almond milk.
    3.Fold the dry ingredients in and mix until just combined. Try not to overwork the batter, or the pancakes won't be as fluffy.
    4. Cook like normal pancakes!

Thank you, I'll give that a whirl! :smile:
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This sounds good! I'll let you know when I try it