Bride-To-Be Looking For Other Brides-To-Be as Buddies!

Options
Hello! In just a SHORT 166 days, I will be wearing a lovely Vera Wang dress, and I want to FLOOR my fiancé when I walk down the aisle! Three years ago this June, I walked up to him at our 15 year high school year, having never talked to him in person (only posting "Happy Birthday!" on his Facebook page) and told him I had a crush on him in high school. He replied, "Why did you stop?" Now, on June 20th, 2015, we are getting married. I am looking for other likeminded ladies/brides-to-be to friend and motivate each other! If interested, please friend request me! I am super positive, will motivate you to work out, and will vent with you about wedding stuff too! Have a blessed day, and good luck, ladies!

Replies

• AmyBPharmD
    Options
    I'm getting married in April! I'm sure I won't lose all the weight I want, but at least it helps jump start my progress! Let's face it, you should be as healthy as possible when you finally decide to start having kids!
  • theresar719
    theresar719 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm getting married May 21, 2016 so I have a bit more time but a lot to lose! I definitely need some motivation too since I'm looking to lose at least 40 lbs by then. Feel free to friend me as well!
  • KTRXS
    KTRXS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My time is Feb, 2016! I can't wait :) 20-30lbs to go. I'm not doing it for the wedding, but for me lol I'm still with encouragement though
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    my date is June 28 2015, I have let six months go by without really trying to shed anything, I'm going to try to let the next six months matter
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on September 17, 2016, so I have a good chunk of time, but I'm in my best friend's wedding in September 2015, and I'd like to well on my way to my goal weight by then. Feel free to add me!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Just started looking at venues for October 2016! I'll also (very) likely be in a friend's wedding sometime in the spring/summer of 2016.
  • mcm1113
    mcm1113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wedding is on May 7th 2015! 4 months from TODAY! Wanting to loose about 10 more pounds and look fabulous in my strapless gown and in my swimsuit on the honeymoon!

Looking for positive and motivational buddies :D
  • Jessi57855
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm getting married on June 13, 2015 and still have 20 lbs to go!
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married march 28th. Still have 5lbs of baby weight to lose from my July 2013 baby and I am going to be on a beach in a bikini. Feel free to add!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Join me... muahaha

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101024-bride-buddies-2015-2016

No seriously, it's a new group and it could use some active members! Bride Buddies!
  • goldie19876
    goldie19876 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 1st and would love to be part of this group... Is 20 lbs lost by then too big of a goal? Sigh...
  • bananahb33
    bananahb33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm tying the knot September 12, 2015 and hoping to make them take that dress in beforehand. :wink: Anyone on here can feel free to add me.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 19, 2015 and heck yes -- let's make them alter the sucker! :)
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    May 17th, 2015 here! I don't have a specific number goal in mind, but I'm hoping that healthier eating habits will help me look and feel amazing in my dress!
  • BrideVD
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this!! My wedding is May 24th, 2015 & I'm really wanting to lose some weight and tone up before the wedding. Please please please friend me! I promise I'll be a good MFP buddy :stuck_out_tongue:
  • campbellbx
    campbellbx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi im getting married 19th december have 40lb to loss please add me x
  • sammywhammy5293
    sammywhammy5293 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been engaged for quite some time now (almost 3 and a half years actually) but I am finishing school so we have decided to wait until we can really settle down together. Because of that, I don't have a date yet, but I know that I want to drop some weight for my big day in the somewhat distant future. Why not get started now? I've been tracking on and off for a while but I'm trying to stick with it and also make exercise more of a priority, especially when I'm not feeling very motivated. I would love to connect with you all so we can motivate each other and feel confident and beautiful on our big days!
  • distancegirl19
    Options
    June 6th 2015 here and I'm trying to loose between 10-15, less for the wedding specifically and more because that has been historically what I weighed until I met my groom. (Funny how being in a happy, secure relationship actually can cause weight gain...)

Can I also just say that every single one of you are gorgeous as is? And your significant others will be blown away regardless. Just to set the record straight.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July! I am super excited! I have my dress and I already love how I look in it, but I would also love if I could lose another 15-20 pounds (I've lost 38 so far).
  • mpirie86
    mpirie86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married may 22 and definitely would love to loose some more weight. I want to look my best and feel my best on our special day. I need motivation though since I'm alone in my weight loss goals here at home and that makes it hard. Please friend me and we can help motivate each other