Return from vacation & back to reality

Options
So I just got back from vacation and obviously wasn't great when it came to eating (and especially drinking!). I didn't log at all because I believe you should just enjoy yourself on vacation and not count calories because thats half the fun of vacation!!!! However I am now a little afraid of my scale and know it will probably not be too kind to me.

So the question is, do I log the added weight in the weigh in part or just wait for it to go back (which it probably will in a week or so once I am back on track). I really don't want to but I am thinking I probably should?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Last summer when I went on vacation with boyfriend's family, I ate like a pig. I seriously ate whatever I wanted to eat for an entire week. I didn't exercise as I normally would either.

Got on the scale and had actually LOST weight.

Weigh yourself. Log it and get back into the groove of things. :)
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    you've got to acknowledge it! I just got back off holiday and I'm giving it 1 day to shed some retained water then weighing in!

You gotta be honest!!
    :drinker:
  • aliakat
    aliakat Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree that first you need to step on the scale... you may be surprised at how generous it can be :) Although you consumed more calories on vacation, you probably did more to burn them off too: walking, dancing, etc... :)
    I would say -- report your accurate weight. Not that I personally would want to do that (I would rather take your option: wait a week and see if I can get it off quickly! that is, if I had gained anything), but the purpose of this site is to be honest and track your progress, even if you are not happy with it.
    Good luck -- crossing my fingers for you that the scale will be kind!! :)
  • Rtrue18
    Rtrue18 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I will weigh in tomorrow and see what the damage is!!! Fingers crossed :)