P90X...How many times did you do it before you got the resul

Options
This is my first time ever doing P90X. I am on the last phase, 1/2 way through week 9, and I have to admit that while I am seeing results I am really disappointed that they aren't better. I have followed the diet plan pretty strictly (though I admit I'm having a hard time getting all that protein in each day) and I've been working my butt off "bringing it" to each exercise!!! I started it right after my baby's 1 year b-day hoping to shed the last few pounds that were still clinging to me and also hoping to get a nice 6 pack. I am 5'2" and my goals of 110 lbs and 26" waist have been attained plus I've gone a little further and I'm thrilled, but even with going beyond my goals I'm not looking like I was hoping to.

So I guess I'm wondering how many times some of you avid P90Xers had to do this program before you got the results you were seeking? And don't get me wrong I'm not knocking P90X at all, it's an awesome work out and looking at pictures, the scale and measuring tape, I'm noticing a difference, it's just not what I was hoping for. My husband tells me that as a mother of four I have my standards too high and maybe he's right, but why should being a mother of four make me have lower standards for how I want to look?

Replies

• focus2bfit
    focus2bfit Posts: 201
    Options
    I had pretty good results the 1st time through but needed more protein as well. I started Chalean Extreme not long after and changed my eating adding in more protein and def started to gain more muscle definition.

Hope that helps!
  • Amyshirelle
    Options
    I know quite a few people who actually got to week 13 and weren't satisfied. I started it, got to week 7 and was bored with it. He's not really motivating to me. Maybe try switching it up. Oct last year, I started Insanity and mixed it in with weight training at the gym, and by xmas I was sooo happy. Unfortunately I had to stop, so I'm back at it again. Now I'm on Insanity 2 days a week and Turbo Fire 4 days a week.
  • briang1224
    briang1224 Posts: 19
    Options
    well your pic looks great, so I assume you are looking to get really really lean. You might look up weight lifting methods for "cutting" weight and incorporate that into your P90x routine. As long as you have been following the meal plan, that's about the only thing you can do.

There is a difference between walking around every day healthy and being ripped though.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Are you modifying the moves at all, or not working to the point of muscle fatigue during each routine? If you're not getting that muscle fatigue that the moves are supposed to create, then you're not going to achieve the results as planned. It's not uncommon for some people to have to go through multiple rounds of the programs to get it right. It's almost rare to see people who have that drive to go as hard as they can from day 1 all the way to day 90. That said, you don't absolutely HAVE to follow their specific nutrition plan. It's more of a guideline for those who are unfamiliar with healthier alternatives for meals. You can always bump up protein intake with a variety lean meats and/or whey protein supplements if needed.
  • kalli4
    kalli4 Posts: 13
    Options
    Are you modifying the moves at all, or not working to the point of muscle fatigue during each routine? If you're not getting that muscle fatigue that the moves are supposed to create, then you're not going to achieve the results as planned. It's not uncommon for some people to have to go through multiple rounds of the programs to get it right. It's almost rare to see people who have that drive to go as hard as they can from day 1 all the way to day 90. That said, you don't absolutely HAVE to follow their specific nutrition plan. It's more of a guideline for those who are unfamiliar with healthier alternatives for meals. You can always bump up protein intake with a variety lean meats and/or whey protein supplements if needed.

I have a history of back and knee problems so have had to modify a few of the moves, but not much. Actually I'm only modifying a very few moves now that I am getting stronger. And my husband and I are very health conscious so we've been doing lean meats for years and I do whey protein shakes. Though I tend to have a weak stomach and have had to cut back on them a bit. Instead of having them every day I'm doing them only on the muscle days now. Even then I want to puke. Ugh...I hate that stuff. I'm getting more than my body weight in grams almost every day, so I don't think that the lack of protein is it. And I use to weight lift with a trainer before I had kids so I doubt, that I'm not getting the moves right either. Maybe it will just take me a couple times through the program before I get where I want to be.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am on my first round and will finish the Lean routine at the end of next week. I wish I would have done Classic, but I was a little intimidated by the strength routines starting out. I knew I was going to be a multiple round kind of guy starting out to get where I wanted, but I am definitely happy with the results. I agree with my buddy anubis when he says you really have to BRING IT! When you think you can't do one more, try and do one more. Always try the harder moves first just to see if you can suprise yourself. When you find that you can, you do more and more and progress...although you sound like a bit of a perfectionist (nothng wrong with that), because you are looking good, girl!!
  • kalli4
    kalli4 Posts: 13
    Options
    well your pic looks great, so I assume you are looking to get really really lean. You might look up weight lifting methods for "cutting" weight and incorporate that into your P90x routine. As long as you have been following the meal plan, that's about the only thing you can do.

There is a difference between walking around every day healthy and being ripped though.

Thanks. My friends and family tell me that I look great and should stop worrying about it so much, but I was really hoping for some ripped abs. And I do run 3 miles 4 days a week in addition to P90X, but maybe I should look up some other methods for loosing the flab.