If you can't always eat organic...check this out...

Options
jenvens
jenvens Posts: 159 Member
I found an article that explains "The Dirty Dozen." As long as we can buy the following organic, the rest should be fine regular...

Whether you are on a budget and need to prioritize your organic purchases, or you would simply like to know which type of produce has the highest pesticide residues—and which do not—the following guide from the Environmental Working Group will help.

12 Most Contaminated

Peaches
Apples
Sweet Bell Peppers
Celery
Nectarines
Strawberries
Cherries
Pears
Grapes (Imported)
Spinach
Lettuce
Potatoes

12 Least Contaminated

Onions
Avocado
Sweet Corn (Frozen)
Pineapples
Mango
Asparagus
Sweet Peas (Frozen)
Kiwi Fruit
Bananas
Cabbage
Broccoli
Papaya

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thank you ....bumping to save this.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    thanks, i'd seen this but lost the list! you rock!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    And if you are eating organic, humanely treated meat it's more nutritious and healthier for you than the regular meat sitting next to it in the meat section. Also, this goes for dairy as well.

For example, grain fed beef Vs grass fed beef is actually worse for your body. 99% of our meat comes from factory farms and is lacking the health benefits of the 'happy meats' as we call them in my house. There's a lot of research on this.

As for the veggies, buy from a farmer's market once per week if you can to support your local economy and not just some grocery chain.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ergh! MFP needs a feature with which we can favorite posts so as to refer back later!

I didn't know that about avocado or peas. Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    And if you are eating organic, humanely treated meat it's more nutritious and healthier for you than the regular meat sitting next to it in the meat section. Also, this goes for dairy as well.

For example, grain fed beef Vs grass fed beef is actually worse for your body. 99% of our meat comes from factory farms and is lacking the health benefits of the 'happy meats' as we call them in my house. There's a lot of research on this.

As for the veggies, buy from a farmer's market once per week if you can to support your local economy and not just some grocery chain.

**like**
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bump! THanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options