Equipment advice!!!!!

Options
So if I were to only buy one piece of workout equipment what should I start with? Like treadmill elliptical etc?

Replies

• Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think it's all a matter of preference. I personally bought an elliptical because I'm not a fan of running. Have you ever gone to a gym? If not, maybe go for a few days and try out different machines to see which you like most.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Buy the one you will use.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Don't buy anything until you have a goal. Strength? More muscle? Less fat?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Agreed - your goals should be a primary factor in determining your routine... then but equipment that is most applicable to that routine.

For some, the best equipment could just be running shoes. For others it might be a power cage or even a book on nutrition and energy.
  • fppalmer
    fppalmer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A suspension trainer. Chest, legs, abs, biceps, tris .... can be set up in a hallway at home. Best first thing to get IMO. TRX is popular, or cheaper jungle gym XT
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/LIFELINE-USA-Jungle-Gym-XT/product.jsp?productId=11511876
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Agreed - your goals should be a primary factor in determining your routine... then but equipment that is most applicable to that routine.

For some, the best equipment could just be running shoes. For others it might be a power cage or even a book on nutrition and energy.

exactly..both quotes above...know what your goal is, first and foremost. when you build a house, you draw up the plans before buying any of the materials.