running room

Options
anyone heard of the running room store? will look into this to correct my posture and get shoes that fit my goals

Replies

• FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yup, it is yer basic specialty running store that is very helpful both with getting supplies and they have groups for running and such. Been awhile since I have been to one, but the staff at the local one I went to seemed fairly with it.
  • DrMaryMatthews
    DrMaryMatthews Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit older and probably bigger than you are - I used to love to run, but got to the point that I just could not any more. For like 7 years. Then I found myself a GREAT physical therapist who specializes in running. He's been a godsend! I went from not being about to walk .5 miles due to pain to running 3 miles 4-6 times per week. He made of video of me walking, and then got me into the right shoes (as well as helped me overcome a lot of the various other problems that kept me from running). It is covered by my insurance and I feel confident in what I am doing now! (including developing an efficient healthy stride with good posture!!)

I would recommend finding and investing in a good knowledgable PT. I've run into guys at running shoe stores who felt they knew what I needed, and could not have been more wrong!! It's the only body I have, so I need to take care of it! I am sure you feel the same!! :-)
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Definitely recommend it. In my running group, the "Good Form Running" evaluation was part of the group. They filmed us running with and without shoes and then we got to watch it - what a hoot!
    I also got fitted for shoes, I have a neutral gait apparently. They recommended the Brooks Dyad. I also have Asics GT-2150 which are also quality running shoes but just not as good for me as my Dyads. Unfortunately, the Dyads are ugly, but in all honesty, I suck it up because I run like a champ in those and me running fast and furious looks better than my pretty shoes :-)

Mine is just through a local running shop. I always like to support my local shops if possible instead of the national chains, and by doing their little fun runs, I got a free Nike running shirt, a Brooks running shirt and a couple of other shirts, water bottles etc., so paying a bit more for the shoes there has paid of in about $100 of SWAG :-)
    ...just a thought...

Just checked, Running Room does training camps too, for example: http://www.runningroom.com/hm/inside.php?id=2426
    For me, it was the best thing I ever did to improve my running...